ghost bracket orders

Created at 03 May 2024, 13:30
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AT

atrrwilder

Joined 04.03.2024

ghost bracket orders
03 May 2024, 13:30

this only applies to SL and TP bracket orders that are tied to a position. it does not apply to pending orders to enter a new position.

sometimes when i move a bracket order it seems like it moved successfully but there is no journal entry or notification stating the order was modified, also the other charts dont show the order having been moved, it only shows as moved on the one chart where you moved it.

it took me 3years to figure out how to replicate this, now i can make it happen on command.

google drive link to the video https://drive.google.com/file/d/17283dnpN355mcp0G-xgF-C8H-KBnub9q/view?usp=sharing

at the end of the video, i click on one of the orders and both suddenly snap into place.

ive found other bugs but this was the most intrusive to your service.

if you need any assistance learning how to replicate the problem, i offer consulting.

@atrrwilder
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 May 2024, 15:07

Hi there,

Can you please send us some troubleshooting info after this happens and quote the link to this discussion?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

atrrwilder
04 May 2024, 04:36

RE: ghost bracket orders

I've made the link to the video public, so anyone can see the issue for themselves. I know how to replicate the problem so I cannot be surprised by it like before, but the rest of your users are at risk.

If you need further assistance please send me an email to discuss my software consulting services. Thank you.

atrrwilder@gmail.com

@atrrwilder

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 May 2024, 06:58

RE: RE: ghost bracket orders

atrrwilder said: 

I've made the link to the video public, so anyone can see the issue for themselves. I know how to replicate the problem so I cannot be surprised by it like before, but the rest of your users are at risk.

If you need further assistance please send me an email to discuss my software consulting services. Thank you.

atrrwilder@gmail.com

Hi there,

We finally managed to reproduce this problem and we will be fixing it in the next update of cTrader Desktop. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

atrrwilder
08 May 2024, 10:18

RE: RE: RE: ghost bracket orders

Great job

@atrrwilder