Virus detected in cTrader

Created at 02 Apr 2024, 07:27
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CR

cranmer767

Joined 05.11.2019

Virus detected in cTrader
02 Apr 2024, 07:27

I run Bitdefender Antivirus Plus on my computer. Today it detected an infected file, in this case a Trojan, within cTrader. This is the file it detected, quarantined, and subsequently deleted:    C:\Users\AppData\Local\Spotware\cTrader\4282ac50e6a21025db1b7336688d89c6\app_4.9.1.25142\algohost.netframework\Core.Domain.Primitives.dll is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.72162

After the antivirus quarantined and deleted the infected file all custom indicators have now stopped working. Has anybody else encountered this problem and how can I now resolve it? Obviously this is a major concern.

@cranmer767
Replies

firemyst
03 Apr 2024, 01:13

What if you uninstall and reinstall cTrader?

If you uninstall everything, and then do a fresh install of cTrader, and it's still identified as being a virus, I'd say it's probably a “false positive” on Bitdefender's part.

To prove this theory, on another computer where you have BItdefender installed and have never installed cTrader, install cTrader from Spotware itself (spotware.com) there and see what happens. If BItdefender flags it, that's definitely Bitdefender identifying false positives.

@firemyst

jagwarcmj
03 Apr 2024, 06:56 ( Updated at: 03 Apr 2024, 09:09 )

Trojan.GenericKD.72162484

I have exactly the same problem with bitdefender detecting a trojan on my pc running windows 10.
Impossible to reinstall ctrader bitdefender detects a threat as soon as it is installed on the Core.Domain.Primitives.dll file which is infected.

@jagwarcmj

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Apr 2024, 09:10

RE: Trojan.GenericKD.72162484

jagwarcmj said: 

I have exactly the same problem with bitdefender detecting a trojan on my pc running windows 10.
Impossible to reinstall ctrader bitdefender detects a threat as soon as it is installed on the Core.Domain.Primitives.dll file which is infected.

Hi there,

Please share some screenshots of the messages you receive so that we can contact bitdefender.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

cranmer767
03 Apr 2024, 09:32

RE: Trojan.GenericKD.72162484

jagwarcmj said: 

I have been on to Bitdefender for several hours this morning. The end of it was going through a process of going into Bitdefenders' <Protection>, <Advanced Threat Protection>, opening that and going to settings. Under that they had me select <manage exceptions> and then add exceptions for paths to the folders where the cTrader software is located. I also created an exception for the pathway which stopped me from downloading cTrader when I tried to download and reinstall it again. Fingers crossed that seems to have now solved the problem. Bitdefender is also now taking a closer look at the problem to resolve it.

@cranmer767

cranmer767
03 Apr 2024, 09:33

RE: RE: Trojan.GenericKD.72162484

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

jagwarcmj said: 

Hi there,

Please share some screenshots of the messages you receive so that we can contact bitdefender.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@cranmer767

RazorTrading
04 Apr 2024, 14:39

RE: RE: Trojan.GenericKD.72162484

jagwarcmj said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

The same thing happened to me today. I am not able to add exceptions to bit defender, is it possible to fix the nuget package? The Chart Analysis Saver stopped working because of this.

@RazorTrading

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Apr 2024, 06:19

RE: RE: RE: Trojan.GenericKD.72162484

razor_00 said: 

jagwarcmj said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

The same thing happened to me today. I am not able to add exceptions to bit defender, is it possible to fix the nuget package? The Chart Analysis Saver stopped working because of this.

Hi there,

There is nothing to fix on our side. Bitdefender needs to fix the false positive

@PanagiotisCharalampous

cranmer767
05 Apr 2024, 07:45

RE: RE: RE: Trojan.GenericKD.72162484

razor_00 said: 

jagwarcmj said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Not sure why you can't exceptions. Not sure if you have the free version or paid version of Bitdefender. If you have the free that could possibly be why there's no capability to add exceptions. My advise would be to use the live chat with Bitdefender and they can help you further regarding why you aren't able to add exceptions. They told me that they were going to look further into the issue of why it's flagging up a false positive.

@cranmer767

RazorTrading
05 Apr 2024, 07:57

RE: RE: RE: RE: Trojan.GenericKD.72162484

razor_00 said: 

jagwarcmj said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi there,

There is nothing to fix on our side. Bitdefender needs to fix the false positive

Yes, makes sense.

@RazorTrading

cranmer767
05 Apr 2024, 15:28

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Trojan.GenericKD.72162484

razor_00 said: 

razor_00 said: 

jagwarcmj said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi there,

Yes, makes sense.

After my long talk with them on Wednesday they are going to take a closer look at this.

@cranmer767

vugecvedran
06 Apr 2024, 20:58 ( Updated at: 07 Apr 2024, 05:30 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Trojan.GenericKD.72162484
cranmer767 said:

razor_00 said: 

razor_00 said: 

jagwarcmj said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi there,

Yes, makes sense.

After my long talk with them on Wednesday they are going to take a closer look at this.

@vugecvedran

brokechicken69
08 Apr 2024, 14:59 ( Updated at: 09 Apr 2024, 05:14 )

HP Wolf Security

A similar message popped up today from HP Wolf Security. Obviously I deleted the file and uninstalled cTrader. 

@brokechicken69

RazorTrading
09 Apr 2024, 08:09

RE: HP Wolf Security

brokechicken69 said: 

A similar message popped up today from HP Wolf Security. Obviously I deleted the file and uninstalled cTrader. 

Two false positives from two different security softwares is weird.

@RazorTrading