cTrader 4.8.30 Trendline bug

Created at 27 Feb 2024, 14:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DE

delaghetto

Joined 13.04.2023

cTrader 4.8.30 Trendline bug
27 Feb 2024, 14:20

There seems to be some kind of issue with trendlines in CTrader Desktop 4.8.30. Price breaches trendlines in lower timeframes (1H) when higher timeframe (Daily) doesn't.

I've uploaded a hidden video to Youtube so you can clearly see what happens:

(28) cTrader 4.8.30 Trendline bug - YouTube

@delaghetto
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Feb 2024, 08:15

Hi there, 

It is a known behavior. This can happen due to the fact that not all days have equal number of bars therefore the time dimension of the hourly chart is not analogous to the daily chart.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

delaghetto
28 Feb 2024, 23:39

RE: cTrader 4.8.30 Trendline bug

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there, 

It is a known behavior. This can happen due to the fact that not all days have equal number of bars therefore the time dimension of the hourly chart is not analogous to the daily chart.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Well what does this mean.. will it be fixed or not??

This doesn't happen in other charting platforms like metatrader or tradingview. If I draw a trendline, I expect it to be the same in all timeframes, you should improve your trendline projection code honestly.

@delaghetto

delaghetto
28 Feb 2024, 23:39

RE: cTrader 4.8.30 Trendline bug

Hi there, 

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Well what does this mean.. will it be fixed or not??

This doesn't happen in other charting platforms like metatrader or tradingview. If I draw a trendline, I expect it to be the same in all timeframes, you should improve your trendline projection code honestly.

@delaghetto

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Feb 2024, 08:18

RE: RE: cTrader 4.8.30 Trendline bug

Hi there, 

It's not a bug to be fixed. It's an expected behavior. It's impossible for the trendlines to match if the dimensions of the charts are different. It happens on all platforms. Here is an example from TradingView. Check the gap between the high of the 26th and the trendline on h1 and D1 timeframes

@PanagiotisCharalampous

delaghetto
04 Mar 2024, 09:43

RE: RE: RE: cTrader 4.8.30 Trendline bug

Are you seriously comparing this little gap in Tradingview with with the nasty 50 pip trendline breaks we can find in cTrader?? Honestly, if your team does not have the technical skills to improve this, is one thing, but telling that it's “expected behaviour” it's like treating your users as if they were dumb or something. Sorry for the rudeness, but this is just unacceptable in a trading platform, where money is in the line.

Hi there, 

It's not a bug to be fixed. It's an expected behavior. It's impossible for the trendlines to match if the dimensions of the charts are different. It happens on all platforms. Here is an example from TradingView. Check the gap between the high of the 26th and the trendline on h1 and D1 timeframes

@delaghetto

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Mar 2024, 14:16

RE: RE: RE: RE: cTrader 4.8.30 Trendline bug

Hi there,

The size of the deviation is relative to the certain setup. I am just proving you that it happens in all platforms. It is not a matter of skills to fix it, it is a matter of understanding the maths behind this to comprehend it.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous