cTrader update frequency during the day - Adjusting?

Created at 30 Oct 2023, 20:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AR

Archer

Joined 21.08.2023

cTrader update frequency during the day - Adjusting?
30 Oct 2023, 20:50

Hi,

Several times a day I get a firewall popup asking me twice if ctrader-"brokername"-setup.exe is allowed internet access. I presume it has something to do with cTrader checking for updates.

The frequent requests happens because the folder name is different each time, so naturally the firewall perceive each request as a new one.

This is starting to become annoying. So I am wondering if it is possible to adjust the update request frequency to just once a day?

Thanks,

Archer

@Archer
Replies

PanagiotisChar
31 Oct 2023, 07:24

Hi there,

I don't think Spotware will adjust this for one user. Maybe just configure your firewall instead

@PanagiotisChar

Archer
31 Oct 2023, 22:21 ( Updated at: 31 Oct 2023, 22:34 )

RE: cTrader update frequency during the day - Adjusting?

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

I don't think Spotware will adjust this for one user. Maybe just configure your firewall instead

Thank you for your reply.

One side of the problem is that I need a folder wildcard to do that and I have not been able to find out how to do this in Windows. Two of the folders in the directory tree is always different and right after being allowed both files with all their folders are automatically deleted from \local\temp\. So the second problem is that it is not possible to add a Windows Firewall entry if the files does not exist. Meaning the “Apply” is greyed out. Up till today I had between 3 and 4 hundred obsolete firewall entries that I deleted, and as mentioned which is not possible to edit because the files does not exists.

The directory structure is as following:
\device\harddiskvolume3\users\user\appdata\local\temp\spotware\e254fde35b9f22e01c269a431ac9c852\4.8.28.21854\3127fae0e7d541eab436637dda6201d6\ctrader-"brokername"-setup.exe

I was hoping there was a config file in cTrader which I could edit changing the update frequency.

@Archer