Market Replay Feedback

Created at 14 Oct 2023, 06:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

tuddles

Joined 14.10.2023

Market Replay Feedback
14 Oct 2023, 06:37

This feature is great, however there are a few things I would love to see.

• Multiple timeframes in split windows. I always have a higher timeframe visible for reference when trading for real, otherwise I am esssentially blind to the context.
  • Being able to change timeframe and not run the one it starts on.
  • Being able to add to an existing position.

@tuddles
Replies

tadas8891
15 Oct 2023, 18:09

I love trading simulators. It is great that cTrader added this feature, but yes without the option to change time frames it's not a very useful feature. 

Also, I would like the option to hide/remove the left side and bottom windows so there would be more space for the chart. 

Do not expect any improvement any time soon. When it comes to fixing bugs or adding new features cTrader moves at snail pace. Maybe 2 years from now they will add an option to change time frames (I'm been optimistic lol).  

@tadas8891

tuddles
15 Oct 2023, 21:56 ( Updated at: 16 Oct 2023, 04:03 )

RE: Market Replay Feedback

tadas8891 said: 

I love trading simulators. It is great that cTrader added this feature, but yes without the option to change time frames it's not a very useful feature. 

Also, I would like the option to hide/remove the left side and bottom windows so there would be more space for the chart. 

Do not expect any improvement any time soon. When it comes to fixing bugs or adding new features cTrader moves at snail pace. Maybe 2 years from now they will add an option to change time frames (I'm been optimistic lol).  

Although very clumbsy, a way I found to trade multiple timeframes is to first start a market replay session and then press, stop, change the timeframe, start, move forwards until a point where you would like to dive down to a lower timeframe, stop, change timeframe, start.

It's not the same as having both timeframes visible at the same time, but it allowed me to do some simple backtesting.

@tuddles

tadas8891
28 Oct 2023, 18:57

RE: RE: Market Replay Feedback

tuddles said: 

tadas8891 said: 

Although very clumbsy, a way I found to trade multiple timeframes is to first start a market replay session and then press, stop, change the timeframe, start, move forwards until a point where you would like to dive down to a lower timeframe, stop, change timeframe, start.

It's not the same as having both timeframes visible at the same time, but it allowed me to do some simple backtesting.

Interesting, I just tried your method and it works, it's very slow, but it's better than using only one time frame.  

@tadas8891