Chart drawings are not present on new chart windows

Created at 22 Sep 2023, 10:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RA

razor_00

Joined 19.05.2023

Chart drawings are not present on new chart windows
22 Sep 2023, 10:32

I saw this issue being reported a few times in the past, but it's still occurring.

First cases:

• Single chart mode
  • Left click on a symbol in my watchlist, the chart will now display the symbol's price
  • Draw some trend lines.
  • Double click on the same symbol to open a new window

Result: all the trendlines are not present

It looks like the drawings are saved per window, not per symbol. Anyway, if I open a new chart window (with no symbol), I draw something and then close the window all the drawings will be lost: only the drawings on the main chart window are permanent, but they don't show in other windows for the same symbol.

This is quite annoying when drawing something, then opening multiple windows with different symbols and I would expect every symbol to retain my drawings.

Is there any workaround or any plan to fix this (maybe add an option to save the drawings per symbol and not per window?)

Thanks.

@razor_00
Replies

PanagiotisChar
22 Sep 2023, 12:14 ( Updated at: 22 Sep 2023, 12:15 )

Hi there,

This is by design, I don't think it will change. Check the indicator below, you might find it helpful

https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/2855

@PanagiotisChar

razor_00
22 Sep 2023, 13:43 ( Updated at: 23 Sep 2023, 05:23 )

RE: Chart drawings are not present on new chart windows

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

This is by design, I don't think it will change. Check the indicator below, you might find it helpful

https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/2855

Thanks for your reply, I am looking at the indicator, do you know what's the difference between interactive and non interactive drawings?

Thanks

@razor_00

PanagiotisChar
23 Sep 2023, 05:25

Hi,

Interactive drawings are the ones drawn and edited by the user on the chart. Non interactive drawings are only drawn by cBots/Indicators and cannot be modified by users.

@PanagiotisChar