How to averaging down with limit order price and lot size

Created at 01 Sep 2023, 03:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NI

nickholasinzaghi

Joined 31.08.2023

How to averaging down with limit order price and lot size
01 Sep 2023, 03:20

Hey guys, does anyone here know how to averaging down our current position without creating a new order?

for example i bought 1 lot of usdjpy at price 145

then i want to buy another 3 lot if the price come down to 135.

with the double position fiture i cant input the order price and the lot size.

and with the new order it will create a new-separate order instead of add it to the current order.

Please help 🙏❤️

@nickholasinzaghi
Replies

ThomasSparrow
01 Sep 2023, 08:00 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Select the position and press "Modify Order or Position" then enter the lot you want to modify, it has to be above what you have already purchased. If you already have 0.1 and want to increase it to 0.3 you have to enter 0.4. Please note that the entry price will be modified

@ThomasSparrow

nickholasinzaghi
01 Sep 2023, 08:40 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: How to averaging down with limit order price and lot size

Tradinginanut said: 

Select the position and press "Modify Order or Position" then enter the lot you want to modify, it has to be above what you have already purchased. If you already have 0.1 and want to increase it to 0.3 you have to enter 0.4. Please note that the entry price will be modified

Thanks for the reply!, but what i mean is how to set a limit order to averaging down, not using the market price.

for example i open long position for 1 lot at price 145

after that i put 1 limit order at price 140 for 3 lot to anticipate if the price go down.

is it possible to do that? some sources said that i should create a cbot to do that.

@nickholasinzaghi

PanagiotisChar
02 Sep 2023, 07:56

Hi there,

You cannot do this with limit orders. So you would need to write a cBot that would modify the position whenever the price reaches at the desired level

@PanagiotisChar