Can’t draw, drag and move objects properly

Created at 22 Aug 2023, 15:38
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NE

neco7900

Joined 22.08.2023

Can’t draw, drag and move objects properly
22 Aug 2023, 15:38

Greeting, I’ve been ctrader app on desktop for quite a time but unfortunately there has been an ongoing issue this past week, I couldn’t find a solution through internet so i decided to make my own thread and I’d appreciate if you could help me out. So there are two issues: One is, that I can’t draw anything on chart without it being cut off halfway through, weather it be trend lines ,pitchforks,Fibonacci etc they all get cut off before I’ve reached the destination by mouse and I’m finished, sometimes it gets cut off instantly that only a dot is drawn and sometimes it gets cut off and goes back to normal mouse before I’ve even drawn anything. Now for the second issue,it is that whenever if I’m able to draw anything even tho only halfway through, they’re not stationary and they move along with mouse no matter I scroll horizontally or vertically, even when price and time goes on automatically and not manually by me, unless I restart the app which the problem reappears if I click on that drawing.

I’ve also screen recorded an example of it and added to my google drive if you need more details: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gyNbf5br-KtOkmBh5JpwSHSxIq0nslT_/view?usp=drivesdk

Best regards.

@neco7900
Replies

kashifs
06 Sep 2023, 08:21 ( Updated at: 06 Sep 2023, 09:23 )

I've same problem & it seems they are reluctant to help. Worst customer service

@kashifs

mikefox
15 Dec 2023, 09:19 ( Updated at: 15 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

I Got the same issue. I Cant hold and move trendlines forks etc. 

When i grab it holding the mouse it seems as soon ad bid ask price blinks it release the grip cant move anything on the chart properly.

First i though i had to many indicators on chart and there was conflicts so i tried remove them and the problem is still there. 

@mikefox

mikefox
15 Dec 2023, 09:23

RE: Can’t draw, drag and move objects properly

kashifnizami said: 

I've same problem & it seems they are reluctant to help. Worst customer service

In that case just dump the plattform use something else to trade. 

Iam watchin this from outside to decide what plattforms to choose i like this one visually optimally its best to setup several platforms each of them have their advantages. 

Lol not being ablee to draw trading tools are usually childhood bugs iam suprised this types of bugs still exist.

@mikefox

mikefox
15 Dec 2023, 11:37

It Even got worse for me now. 

Now i cant even add anything to the chart at all .

I Could add Box elipse and triangle. But no trendlines no forks.

I Could add fibs.

Price channel bugs as trendlines did before wont let me grab them and trendlines got worse cant add them at all. 

Plattform is none functional it should not be in use .

How could developers release a product so buggy?

Something is not right here.

@mikefox

mikefox
15 Dec 2023, 11:52

Something is interacting with the the windows mouse process i think. 

The bugs are not consistantly the same . Sometimes i can add them just not move them its like somethin interups the process to keep the mouse button pressed in. 

@mikefox

PanagiotisCharalampous
15 Dec 2023, 14:58

mikefox said: 

I Could add fibs.

Price channel bugs as trendlines did before wont let me grab them and trendlines got worse cant add them at all. 

Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this behavior. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
15 Dec 2023, 14:58

mikefox said: 

I Could add fibs.

Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this behavior. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

mikefox
15 Dec 2023, 17:26 ( Updated at: 16 Dec 2023, 06:24 )

RE: RE: Can’t draw, drag and move objects properly

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

mikefox said: 

I Could add fibs.

Hi there,

Best regards,

Iam using the desktop version.

Something is interupting the windows mouse process. 

When i manage to grab an item i hold it with the left mouse mouse and notice it lets go when the bid ask price blinks. 

When price blinks often its not even possible to open or grab the items. 

Windows 10.

@mikefox

mikefox
15 Dec 2023, 19:35 ( Updated at: 16 Dec 2023, 06:24 )

RE: RE: Can’t draw, drag and move objects properly

mikefox said: 

I Could add fibs.

Hi there,

Best regards,

i Tried to see if the platform had preveligies becouse as a dmin right software it should not be interuppted. So i started up the destop ctrader with admin rights this time and it made a change. Now i can drag the obects and drop them . I Can hold and keep them and move them. But one part of the issue seem to remain. The menu that opens on the objects when you right click dissapears as soon as the bid ask starts blinking. Other from that i didnt fallow your tutorial video becouse its useless and made people coders programers teens or others . I Suggest you keep one guy only making the tutorial videos that has some experiance from presentations. Please some quality

@mikefox

GOLDEN.DRAGONS
03 Jan 2024, 21:56

Draw issue

I got the same issue recently. When I would try to use any objects like Trend Line or Fibonacci Fan and etc. it will get out of mouse control when market is ticking but when a symbol stopped or disabled I can draw properly.
Using cTrader 4.8.28 on Errante

@GOLDEN.DRAGONS

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Jan 2024, 07:12

RE: Draw issue

GOLDEN.DRAGONS said: 

I got the same issue recently. When I would try to use any objects like Trend Line or Fibonacci Fan and etc. it will get out of mouse control when market is ticking but when a symbol stopped or disabled I can draw properly.

Hi there,

Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

RazorTrading
10 Jan 2024, 15:00 ( Updated at: 10 Jan 2024, 15:14 )

Same is happening to me, really annoying.

Something that happen to me: I draw a rectangle and the resizing stops immediately (it's like the shape loses focus). If that happens and I switch between the timeframes, the shape will not resize according to the different timeframe scale, it's like it's been drawn on the window, but not linked to price level coordinates.

I have more info: I noticed it only happens to me when I have 5 or more charts open with an indicator I made that adds or remove chart objects, so it's probably interfering with the regular drawing. I will try to debug it and fix it for me, but for other users, it could be an indicator messing up with the drawing.

@RazorTrading

RazorTrading
10 Jan 2024, 16:02 ( Updated at: 11 Jan 2024, 06:21 )

RE: RE: Draw issue

GOLDEN.DRAGONS said: 

Hi there,

Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

I made a simple indicator that will cause this issue to occur 100% of the times. The line causing the issue is DrawText or drawing anything every tick, if I am drawing something or drawing on the chart window, the object will lose focus as soon as Calculate is invoked on the indicator.

Code below:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Collections;
using cAlgo.API.Indicators;
using cAlgo.API.Internals;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Indicator(AccessRights = AccessRights.None, IsOverlay = false)]
    public class DrawingBug : Indicator
    {
        public override void Calculate(int index)
        {
            IndicatorArea.RemoveObject("test");
            IndicatorArea.DrawText("test", "BUG!!!", Bars.Last().OpenTime, 0, Color.Red);
        }
    }
}

@RazorTrading

RazorTrading
10 Jan 2024, 16:02 ( Updated at: 11 Jan 2024, 06:21 )

GOLDEN.DRAGONS said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

I made a simple indicator that will cause this issue to occur 100% of the times. The line causing the issue is DrawText or drawing anything every tick, if I am drawing something or drawing on the chart window, the object will lose focus as soon as Calculate is invoked on the indicator.

Code below:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Collections;
using cAlgo.API.Indicators;
using cAlgo.API.Internals;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Indicator(AccessRights = AccessRights.None, IsOverlay = false)]
    public class DrawingBug : Indicator
    {
        public override void Calculate(int index)
        {
            IndicatorArea.RemoveObject("test");
            IndicatorArea.DrawText("test", "BUG!!!", Bars.Last().OpenTime, 0, Color.Red);
        }
    }
}

@RazorTrading

GOLDEN.DRAGONS
11 Jan 2024, 06:08 ( Updated at: 11 Jan 2024, 06:21 )

GOLDEN.DRAGONS said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

I checked up and noticed that a specific indicator would causes this problem. Thanks anyway

@GOLDEN.DRAGONS

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Jan 2024, 07:07

RE: RE: RE: Draw issue

razor_00 said: 

GOLDEN.DRAGONS said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Code below:

using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Linq;using System.Text;using cAlgo.API;using cAlgo.API.Collections;using cAlgo.API.Indicators;using cAlgo.API.Internals;namespace cAlgo{    [Indicator(AccessRights = AccessRights.None, IsOverlay = false)]    public class DrawingBug : Indicator    {        public override void Calculate(int index)        {            IndicatorArea.RemoveObject("test");            IndicatorArea.DrawText("test", "BUG!!!", Bars.Last().OpenTime, 0, Color.Red);        }    }}

Hi razor_00,

Thank you, I have forwarded this to the product team for resolution. In the meanwhile, the issue is caused by the RemoveObject method, which in this case is redundant, you don't need to remove an object in order to redraw it. If you remove that line of code, it should fix the problem.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

RazorTrading
11 Jan 2024, 07:21 ( Updated at: 12 Jan 2024, 06:56 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: Draw issue

razor_00 said: 

GOLDEN.DRAGONS said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Code below:

using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Linq;using System.Text;using cAlgo.API;using cAlgo.API.Collections;using cAlgo.API.Indicators;using cAlgo.API.Internals;namespace cAlgo{    [Indicator(AccessRights = AccessRights.None, IsOverlay = false)]    public class DrawingBug : Indicator    {        public override void Calculate(int index)        {            IndicatorArea.RemoveObject("test");            IndicatorArea.DrawText("test", "BUG!!!", Bars.Last().OpenTime, 0, Color.Red);        }    }}

Hi razor_00,

Thank you, I have forwarded this to the product team for resolution. In the meanwhile, the issue is caused by the RemoveObject method, which in this case is redundant, you don't need to remove an object in order to redraw it. If you remove that line of code, it should fix the problem.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Thanks for your reply, I will modify my indicator, anyway the remove and draw calls should not call this behaviour, is that correct? Is that going to be fixed in future versions?

@RazorTrading

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Jan 2024, 07:18

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Draw issue

razor_00 said: 

razor_00 said: 

GOLDEN.DRAGONS said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Code below:

Hi razor_00,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Thanks for your reply, I will modify my indicator, anyway the remove and draw calls should not call this behaviour, is that correct? Is that going to be fixed in future versions?

Yes that is correct, we will fix this in an upcoming version

@PanagiotisCharalampous