Installation on linux

Created at 16 Aug 2023, 08:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SD

sdz.tuto

Joined 16.08.2023

Installation on linux
16 Aug 2023, 08:57

Hi,
I encountered a problem when installing the app. I'm using Linux and I tried to install it with wine but the installation hangs on the download however my internet connection is working fine. I don't know if it's the fact of installing it with wine that causes this problem or if it's the installer that doesn't work very well. Could you help me?

@sdz.tuto
Replies

PanagiotisChar
17 Aug 2023, 04:49

Hi there,

You can't install cTrader Desktop on Linux.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar

acrigney
20 Dec 2023, 22:21 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 06:47 )

RE: Installation on linux

Mate any work around for this? Could we install a windows compatible tool on linux that we can run desktop under?

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

Aieden Technologies

@acrigney

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Dec 2023, 06:56

RE: RE: Installation on linux

acrigney said: 

Mate any work around for this? Could we install a windows compatible tool on linux that we can run desktop under?

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

Aieden Technologies

Hi there,

There is no workaround to run cTrader on Linux. It runs only on Windows and Mac operating systems. If you want to run it on Linux machine then you would been to use virtualization. But I do not see the point.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Gascan
06 Jun 2024, 08:01 ( Updated at: 06 Jun 2024, 10:17 )

RE: RE: RE: Installation on linux

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

acrigney said: 

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

Aieden Technologies

Hi there,

There is no workaround to run cTrader on Linux. It runs only on Windows and Mac operating systems. If you want to run it on Linux machine then you would been to use virtualization. But I do not see the point.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Maybe there is a way, google for “Metatrader5 installation on Linux”, then install it. So you get all prerequisities for MT5. Now install cTrader Desktop and see if it works the same way as MT5. Finally uninstall Metatrader 5. I hope this helps. Pls let me know if it works. Thanks.

@Gascan