Have text label descriptor aligned to horizontal lines as I scroll chart both left and right and check multiple timeframes

Created at 11 Aug 2023, 10:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JO

joey.irosh.stuff

Joined 11.08.2023

Have text label descriptor aligned to horizontal lines as I scroll chart both left and right and check multiple timeframes
11 Aug 2023, 10:51

Hi,

Is there a way I can add visible descriptions on charts of horizontal support/resistance lines (and possibly vertical lines) on ctrader such as for instance,if I draw a horizontal resistance line on price point 500,I can add a text label descriptor adjacent to the line stating e.g. “major resistance at 500”.I was hoping I could edit the colour and font size of the descriptor so that I can increase font size and visible color to see the descriptor when my trading computer is a bit far away from my eyes.

There should be a permanent alignment between the horizontal  lines and their corresponding label descriptors in all timeframes and when I scroll both left and right on the chart  such that the text descriptor is always adjacent to the horizontal line drawn.Please find attached image from another platform where I can add the text “major resistance at 500” on the yellow horizontal resistance line and regardless of which time frame I am in and when I scroll either left or right,the text “major resistance at 500” is always adjacent to the yellow horizontal line.

Is there some code or indicator I can use to achieve this?I hope my question is understood

Thanks in advance and I hope for a reply soon.

@joey.irosh.stuff
Replies

PanagiotisChar
11 Aug 2023, 13:13

Hi there, 

You can't do this using the built-in functionality of cTrader. You would need to develop something yourself.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar