Volume

Created at 02 Jan 2015, 13:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JI

jiyuuold

Joined 02.01.2015

Volume
02 Jan 2015, 13:20

Does the tick volume feed directly from the broker and their client's activity ONLY? Or is it from another source, such as ALL orders conducted through the cTrader Platform across ALL brokers and providers and is then drawn on the tick volume? I ask this because comparing a few different brokers I see the tick volume on cTrader remains quite constant and similar, however it has minor differences here and there. My trading style is heavily dependent on volume, and since there is no trading volume feed readily available for Forex I want to know how reliable your tick volume would be as a bigger picture of the Forex Market and activity of ALL retail/professional activity.

Thanks

@jiyuuold
Replies

olddirtypipster
03 Jan 2015, 21:47

RE:

It has been stated that thee prices come directly from the liquidity providers that your broker is subscribed to.

kami said:

Does the tick volume feed directly from the broker and their client's activity ONLY? Or is it from another source, such as ALL orders conducted through the cTrader Platform across ALL brokers and providers and is then drawn on the tick volume? I ask this because comparing a few different brokers I see the tick volume on cTrader remains quite constant and similar, however it has minor differences here and there. My trading style is heavily dependent on volume, and since there is no trading volume feed readily available for Forex I want to know how reliable your tick volume would be as a bigger picture of the Forex Market and activity of ALL retail/professional activity.

Thanks

@olddirtypipster