Missing Trailing Stop Movement Sound in cTrader Spotware 4.8.15 on Windows Server 2022

Created at 20 Jul 2023, 14:49
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

NovaBotTrading

Joined 28.08.2022

Missing Trailing Stop Movement Sound in cTrader Spotware 4.8.15 on Windows Server 2022
20 Jul 2023, 14:49

Dear cTrader Support,

I am currently using cTrader Spotware 4.8.15 on two different Windows servers - one running Windows Server 2012 and the other Windows Server 2022. I've noticed an issue with the audio notification in the latter setup.

On the Windows Server 2012, there is a distinct clicking sound that occurs when the trailing stop moves. I find this feature quite useful. However, on the Windows Server 2022 server, this particular sound notification is missing.

The issue seems specific to this one sound. All other audio notifications, such as the "swish" sound when executing a trade or the "bells" on loading, are functioning as expected on both servers. I've confirmed that the "Enable Sounds" setting is active ("yes") on the server running Windows Server 2022.

Could you please provide guidance on why this discrepancy might be happening and how I could rectify it to get the clicking sound for the trailing stop movement on the Windows Server 2022 setup?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Peter

@NovaBotTrading