Service down?

Created at 12 Jul 2023, 16:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DE

delaghetto

Joined 13.04.2023

Service down?
12 Jul 2023, 16:03

Is cTrader down? 

I'm not able to load the charts in windows Desktop applicacion nor in the Android App. Also web version is not working:

Its just like this, loading:

Not sure if it's cTrader related or broker related

@delaghetto
Replies

lukepoga
12 Jul 2023, 23:36 ( Updated at: 12 Jul 2023, 23:38 )

yes it was down

cTrader crashed at 8.33am during NY open. It crashed the desktop AND the FIX API. So the price service was down.

Not sure when it came back but it was a long time so I gave up. Does this happen much? I guess since they are UK based they thought they could do an update in the middle of the night (12:33am UK time) and noone would notice. 

@lukepoga

aloin.eldar
13 Jul 2023, 05:48

close part of position

Hi there guys,

Sorry for approaching in another issue, because i can't get an answer anywhere else.

Let's say i open a position of 0.5 lot, and i want to close 0.3 (meaning - leave 0.2)

Why does the platform closes the position entirely and open up a new one, of 0.2 lot, at the time of the previous close?

Is this right?

BR

@aloin.eldar

firemyst
13 Jul 2023, 11:05

And the accounts keep disconnecting and reconnecting today. It's like the demo server feed can't keep it up.

@firemyst

firemyst
13 Jul 2023, 11:06

RE: close part of position

aloin.eldar said:

Hi there guys,

Sorry for approaching in another issue, because i can't get an answer anywhere else.

Let's say i open a position of 0.5 lot, and i want to close 0.3 (meaning - leave 0.2)

Why does the platform closes the position entirely and open up a new one, of 0.2 lot, at the time of the previous close?

Is this right?

BR

Maybe if on the other threadds you started you post screen captures showing examples as evidence of what's happening, you'd get some responses.

@firemyst