Latest cTrader crashes in couple of hours

Created at 09 Jun 2023, 00:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VI

vipin.bhatia

Joined 09.03.2020

Latest cTrader crashes in couple of hours
09 Jun 2023, 00:14

Hi,

After installing the latest version of ctrader from pepperstoe it crashes in few hours.

I have done a clean uninstall and install of ctrader and the .Net Framework and runtime but even then cTrader is crashing in couple of hours.

When I look at the events log I can see these 2 errors

Application Error -

Faulting application name: cTrader.exe, version: 4.6.7.16475, time stamp: 0x646b240c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3031, time stamp: 0x69314b12
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19
Faulting process id: 0x2fd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d99a21d430868c
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Spotware\cTrader\f0f89e726afc159a4d9efc9acaec479c\cTrader.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 991c65c9-c08f-4506-889f-abdf6eae982d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

.Net Runtime error

Application: cTrader.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.21.52210
.NET Version: 6.0.0
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The operation completed successfully.
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.RequestBackgroundProcessing()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.CriticalRequestProcessing(Boolean force)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeAsyncImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeAsync(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Core.Presentation.Implementation.Dispatcher.MainThreadDispatcher.ExecuteAsync(Action actionToExecute, DispatcherPriority priority, IPublicCancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Core.Framework.Extension.Implementation.Threading.Timers.TimerSession.RaiseTickPostponed(TimerPriority priority)
   at Core.Framework.Extension.Implementation.Threading.Timers.DispatcherTimer.OnTimer()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire(Boolean isThreadPool)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

Please let me know how I can fix this. This is happening on one of my Windows 10 Desktop while not happening on the other Desktop.

Thanks,

Warm Regards,

Vipin.

@vipin.bhatia
Replies

firemyst
09 Jun 2023, 03:14

To make sure Spotware gets and receives this, please also report it through cTrader:

In the text box, put the link to this thread.

If you can, also put in the technical details from the event-viewer you captured as well.

@firemyst

vipin.bhatia
11 Jun 2023, 10:56 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

firemyst said:

To make sure Spotware gets and receives this, please also report it through cTrader:

If you can, also put in the technical details from the event-viewer you captured as well.

A windows update after the clean install of .Net Framework, runtime and cTrader fixed the issue.

@vipin.bhatia

vipin.bhatia
12 Jun 2023, 09:44 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE:

vipin.bhatia said:

firemyst said:

A windows update after the clean install of .Net Framework, runtime and cTrader fixed the issue.

But now there is a different error, after 4 to 6 hours cTrader crashes, the screen goes blank. To access the computer I now need to RDP into the machine (VNC based solution will continue to show the blank screen) and there I can see the error WeFault.exe (0xc000012d).

Attached is the image, can anyone guide me on how this can be fixed.

Thanks.

@vipin.bhatia