Period Separator (end of the day) at 5pm NY not Midnight my location

Created at 19 May 2023, 16:27
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CA

caputojr

Joined 30.03.2021

Period Separator (end of the day) at 5pm NY not Midnight my location
19 May 2023, 16:27

Hello,

Is there a way I can change the period separator from starting/ending at midnight and have it where it should be at 5pm NY time (broker day closing)?

Thanks in advance.

@caputojr
Replies

firemyst
21 May 2023, 08:51 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Within cTrader itself I don't think so. You can change the time zone, but since days start/end on midnight, the period separator will still appear whenever midnight happens regardless of the time zone you set:

So your best best would probably be either:

1) look for a custom indicator (or write your own) that draws a period separator at your desired time

2) set your time zone such that when it's midnight in that time zone, it's 5pm NY time.

@firemyst

caputojr
29 Jan 2024, 18:12

RE: Period Separator (end of the day) at 5pm NY not Midnight my location

firemyst said: 

Within cTrader itself I don't think so. You can change the time zone, but since days start/end on midnight, the period separator will still appear whenever midnight happens regardless of the time zone you set:

1) look for a custom indicator (or write your own) that draws a period separator at your desired time

2) set your time zone such that when it's midnight in that time zone, it's 5pm NY time.

Hi firemyst,

From my understanding the period separator should be the same, no? When the market closes/open there should be your milestone, not on midnight on my timezone, otherwise it appears as today, 3 period separator for 1 single day but for market reference the period does not corelate with your timezone. Just like in Metatrader, here it will have the same period separator as on your computer however you cannot see the hour from your timezone, which it is what I do now in ctrader too. Anyways….

@caputojr

caputojr
29 Jan 2024, 18:15

RE: RE: Period Separator (end of the day) at 5pm NY not Midnight my location

caputojr said: 

firemyst said: 

Hi firemyst,

From my understanding the period separator should be the same, no? When the market closes/open there should be your milestone, not on midnight on my timezone, otherwise it appears as today, 3 period separator for 1 single day but for market reference the period does not corelate with your timezone. Just like in Metatrader, here it will have the same period separator as on your computer however you cannot see the hour from your timezone, which it is what I do now in ctrader too. Anyways….

@caputojr

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Jan 2024, 06:50

RE: RE: Period Separator (end of the day) at 5pm NY not Midnight my location

caputojr said: 

firemyst said: 

Hi firemyst,

The period separator marks the change of day in UTC time.

@PanagiotisCharalampous