Ctrader make me pay 10 x swap than usually

Created at 19 May 2023, 05:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LI

lics_cs

Joined 19.03.2023

Ctrader make me pay 10 x swap than usually
19 May 2023, 05:36

i buy eurusd 0.2lot at 18th and closed it at 19th
i pay swap 15usd not 1.5usd
is there something wrong with ctrader?

@lics_cs
Replies

firemyst
21 May 2023, 08:52

This is probably a broker issue, not a cTrader issue. You need to speak with your broker.

@firemyst

PanagiotisChar
22 May 2023, 09:27

Hi there,

I guess it's IC Markets. They had some issues with their swaps.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

artcfd
23 May 2023, 09:53

Which broker is this? Say it and let's all be warned.

@artcfd

ncel01
23 May 2023, 10:58

How can be that a broker is able to circumvent the trading conditions as they are shown and mess with these?

Describing this simply an "issue" is an understatement as this should never be allowed by cTrader. Something that definitely must be clarified by Spotware.

Moreover, "issues" are never in favour of traders.

It is totally unacceptable that traders cannot even trust the trading conditions as they are shown.

@ncel01

PanagiotisChar
23 May 2023, 11:04

ncel01,

You should stop being so negative and look for conspiracies everywhere :) An IC Markets employee uploaded wrong swaps. All traders have been refunded. Simple as that.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

ncel01
23 May 2023, 13:32

Hi Panagiotis,

To clarify:

It's okay if someone makes a mistake, that happens and it is normal.

What I would like to know is if, at the moment the wrong swaps have been applied, these have been reflected in the trading conditions or not. In other words, I'd like to know if the trading conditions shown in cTrader are, without fail, always liked to the real conditions applied or not.

No need to explain how serious the implications can be in case of a mismatch here.

Rather than qualifying pertinent/uncomfortable questions as a conspiracy, it would be great to see those clarified.

Also, don't expect me to believe that traders and brokers play on the same team.

In fact I don't think that the applicable conditions and the conditions shown are always matching. Why?

Below is an example taken some time ago for a certain broker. Lot size is in fact not $1 but 1 unit.

Am I wrong by thinking this is not a detail and it can have serious implications on any trading account? I don't think so.

Swaps: do not deserve any comments.

@ncel01

artcfd
23 May 2023, 15:33 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

ncel01 said:Brother, you raised a very constructive question and I am keeping an eye on it.

Hi Panagiotis,

To clarify:

It's okay if someone makes a mistake, that happens and it is normal.

What I would like to know is if, at the moment the wrong swaps have been applied, these have been reflected in the trading conditions or not. In other words, I'd like to know if the trading conditions shown in cTrader are, without fail, always liked to the real conditions applied or not.

No need to explain how serious the implications can be in case of a mismatch here.

Rather than qualifying pertinent/uncomfortable questions as a conspiracy, it would be great to see those clarified.

Also, don't expect me to believe that traders and brokers play on the same team.

In fact I don't think that the applicable conditions and the conditions shown are always matching. Why?

Below is an example taken some time ago for a certain broker. Lot size is in fact not $1 but 1 unit.

Am I wrong by thinking this is not a detail and it can have serious implications on any trading account? I don't think so.

Swaps: do not deserve any comments.

@artcfd

PanagiotisChar
23 May 2023, 17:05

ncel01,

The issue raised in this post was reflected in the trading conditions, was fixed soon after and traders were compensated. What you see is what you get. So there is no issue with the platform. 

Can you provide evidence of this?

So another case where somebody messed up with the symbol configurations. How does this support your claim that applicable conditions and the conditions shown are not always matching?

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

ncel01
24 May 2023, 12:14 ( Updated at: 24 May 2023, 12:16 )

Panagiotis,

The issue raised in this post was reflected in the trading conditions, was fixed soon after and traders were compensated.

How do you know this? As far as I can see, the screenshot on the original post does not show any trading conditions but the unrealized swaps.

What you see is what you get. So there is no issue with the platform. 

As I've shown, this is not always the case. Refer to 3., 4. and 5.

Can you provide evidence of this?

What further evidence is required, apart from the screenshot I've already provided? Do I need to prove that the value of 1 Nasdaq is ~$13.7k and not $1?

See 5.

So another case where somebody messed up with the symbol configurations.

Maybe. The main point here is that this information is not always linked, without fail, to the real trading conditions, as proven. Refer to 3. and 5.

This goes against what you have stated in 2.

Remark: The conditions shown remain and, probably, will always remain like this.

How does this support your claim that applicable conditions and the conditions shown are not always matching?

This has been explained in 3.

Trading conditions, which traders use as reference and rely on, a min. investment of $1 is clearly stated. Outcome: you get a min. investment of 1 unit on this indice, whose value is not $1 but ~$13.7k.

Clear as crystal.

@ncel01

PanagiotisChar
24 May 2023, 15:17

ncel01,

How do you know this? As far as I can see, the screenshot on the original post does not show any trading conditions but the unrealized swaps.

Because the issue was reported by other users in other channels and it was reflected in the settings as well.

What further evidence is required, apart from the screenshot I've already provided? Do I need to prove that the value of 1 Nasdaq is ~$13.7k and not $1?

Try executing an order and show that what you get is different from what is presented there.

Regarding 4,5 the only thing the screenshot you posted shows is that the symbol has been configured incorrectly. Nothing else. You can just notify the broker to fix it.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

ncel01
24 May 2023, 15:28 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Panagiotis,

FYI:

• Dark theme: cTrader cross-broker
  • White theme: cTrader (broker app)

There is no mismatch between the apps. Both are shown for additional info only.

@ncel01

tadas8891
24 May 2023, 19:09 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

lics_cs said:

i buy eurusd 0.2lot at 18th and closed it at 19th
i pay swap 15usd not 1.5usd
is there something wrong with ctrader?

I had a similar problem a few days ago. I got charged like 7.2x swap for one day of holding Thursday-Friday. I was like wtf just happened. It was a small amount so I did not contact the broker about this. My broker is IcMarkets. 

@tadas8891

lics_cs
26 May 2023, 19:10

after i make complain to my broker which is ICmarkets
they credit back to my account about wrong swap after 4 days
thanks for they fast support
but i dont know if u got wrong swap but you are not aware and dont complain to IC cust support they will restore automatically about wrong swap

@lics_cs

firemyst
28 May 2023, 06:26 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

lics_cs said:

after i make complain to my broker which is ICmarkets
they credit back to my account about wrong swap after 4 days
thanks for they fast support
but i dont know if u got wrong swap but you are not aware and dont complain to IC cust support they will restore automatically about wrong swap

With all the issues people seem to have and report with IC Markets, you might consider switching to Pepperstone.

@firemyst