Cannot draw or delete objects properly

Created at 26 Apr 2023, 18:29
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DY

dynamites

Joined 05.12.2019

Cannot draw or delete objects properly
26 Apr 2023, 18:29

Hello.

I did not find anything related to this issue on the forum recently, so I creating a new thread.

I created a video of my ctrader desktop to show what happens and I am trying to upload it here...

Basically, when I draw something, very often the object cannot be moved where I want and it is difficult to open the popup menu to delete it. Very annoying. It started with the last update 4.7.9....

This issue happens only in ctrader (and not in MT4 for example)- My mouse is ok, my PC works good. It is related to ctrader only.

Anyone else?

Video

@dynamites
Replies

firemyst
27 Apr 2023, 04:56

One thing to try that's happened to me in the past, is:

1. put some indicators on the chart (a moving average, bollinger bands, etc) Just use the default settings
  2. try putting a horizontal and/or vertical line drawing on your chart as well
  3. scroll your chart. Change timeframe and scroll the chart again.

if you scroll your chart and the indicators  / lines do not move, then it's a bug with the Intel GPU drivers. This is known and has happened to me in the past. Update the Intel GPU drivers, restart cTrader, and hopefully it'll go away (as it did for me).

The other time something similar happened to me is when Windows automatically updated my computer in the background, and it was waiting for a pending restart. Once I restarted, it worked fine. So maybe check that as well.

If neither of these suit you, hopefully @Spotware can lend some insight. Great that you posted the video.

@firemyst

juliansega
12 May 2023, 21:10

I have exactly the same problem, impossible to draw any object, since the mouse loses focus at each tick,

@juliansega