Order Placement Inconvenience Questions

Created at 16 Feb 2023, 23:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NE

NE539

Joined 07.01.2020

Order Placement Inconvenience Questions
16 Feb 2023, 23:42

1: Is there a way to have stop loss and/or take profit activated by default when opening the order placement window? It seems somewhat reckless that they are always OFF by default.

2: Is there a way to get the Ctrader order window to remember stop loss or take profit numbers for a specific chart, symbol or workspace? It is very clumsy having to tick 2 boxes and then fill in completely different values for each symbol...

3: If you set a specific quantity in the Quicktrade buttons, this quantity becomes the default quantity for that specific chart and symbol, including for the order placement window. This is useful but I can't seem to find any official recognition that this is actually possible. Is this an intended feature?

(but the SL & TP information or tick/untick appears to not save for that specific window)

Regards

@NE539
Replies

caputojr
17 Feb 2023, 01:35

RE:

Hello NE539,

Thank you for you suggestion and I would like to reinforce that this would be a great idea.

I was wondering the other day something like that, for instance if you want very short entries you need to keep adjusting your sl/tp for each order. This sucks so it would be great maybe to have a dropdown strategy field so you can choose an entry strategy then every entry will follow the current chosen strategy (this would also fix at least part of your problem). The strategy dropdown field could be above/below the buy/sell button so it is very visible to see which strategy (std lot size, sl and tp) you will be using.

Thank you

NE539 said:

1: Is there a way to have stop loss and/or take profit activated by default when opening the order placement window? It seems somewhat reckless that they are always OFF by default.

2: Is there a way to get the Ctrader order window to remember stop loss or take profit numbers for a specific chart, symbol or workspace? It is very clumsy having to tick 2 boxes and then fill in completely different values for each symbol...

3: If you set a specific quantity in the Quicktrade buttons, this quantity becomes the default quantity for that specific chart and symbol, including for the order placement window. This is useful but I can't seem to find any official recognition that this is actually possible. Is this an intended feature?

(but the SL & TP information or tick/untick appears to not save for that specific window)

Regards

@caputojr