Draw/IsInteractive Problem

Created at 10 Feb 2023, 15:16
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
XA

Xammo

Joined 23.06.2021

Draw/IsInteractive Problem
10 Feb 2023, 15:16

When trying to draw a trend line/drag an interactive horizontal line etc. the mouse loses focus on the object every new tick of the chart making it impossible to draw/drag an object properly

4.6.3 was also happening in previous versions but works fine in 4.1

@Xammo
Replies

Xammo
14 Feb 2023, 15:39 ( Updated at: 14 Feb 2023, 15:51 )

Not sure if you understand what I'm saying here Spotware?

It is impossible to draw trend lines/drag interactive lines in 4.6.3

It was working fine over the weekend totally rock solid could drag/draw no problem when the markets were closed

Trying to do any of this when the market is open is impossible...

Please could you at least acknowledge or let me know if you need a video to demonstrate this/not sure why I would be the only one having a problem/why you would not be able to reproduce?

I still have 4.6.1 running on another VPS and it's rock solid there whilst markets are open

@Xammo

Spotware
15 Feb 2023, 08:54

Dear Xammo,

Please send us a video demonstrating this issue. Please also send us some troubleshooting information after this happens, posting the link to this discussion inside the textbox.

Best Regards, 

cTrader Team

@Spotware

Xammo
15 Feb 2023, 13:51 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Thankyou for acknowledging!

So it's only me again having issues and you are unable to reproduce...? :( I seem to be so unlucky with cTrader... in so many ways ;)

Ticket submitted with video link ->

@Xammo

Xammo
21 Feb 2023, 16:56 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Hi Spotware appreciate you're busy but please can you confirm you at least got the ticket I submitted?

Also I forgot to add to original post that when an Interactive Line is clicked on and dragged (as opposed to right clicked on and manually clicked up/down using the arrows) more often than not (actually like pretty much every time) when you click on and drag to zoom the y axis of the chart the Line stays where it is and the lines label changes/shows the y axis value where it now is on the zoomed y axis scale rather than moving with the drag of the chart!

Do you need another video to demonstrate this or is it clear enough what I am saying?

Thanks

Max

@Xammo

Spotware
22 Feb 2023, 12:02

Dear Xammo,

We received the troubleshooting information but unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this behavior. Could you please provide more information about your display adapter/graphics card?

Best Regards, 

cTrader Team

@Spotware

Xammo
22 Feb 2023, 15:35 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

So it seems like I am the only one having this problem I feel so priviliged/unique! ;)

It's a Beeks VPS Gold - Display Adapter is a VMWare SVGA 3D

Just submitted another ticket with a link to this post and another video showing the horizontal line problem too in both 4.1 (works absolutely fine rock solid) and 4.6.3 (is impossible to do anything constructive...)

Thanks for your help

Max

@Xammo

toolsche
22 Feb 2023, 16:25

Same Problem

Hi,

I have the exact same problem here. Any tick takes away the focus while drawing.
Hope there will be a solution soon.

Best regards,
toolsche

@toolsche

Xammo
14 Mar 2023, 13:47

Ah ok so I am not alone! (again...)

Didn't get a notifcation of this new post so didn't realise at least one other is having the same issue and had to dig back into the posts to find this again

Can see one view on my video Spotware so guess you've seen it but you still can't reproduce the issue?

Looks like you've got a lot on your plate with the (obviously higher priority) crashing issues so guess this is on the back burner but as always an acknowledgment of the issue would be great

Thanks and hope you manage to get it sorted

Max

@Xammo

Spotware
15 Mar 2023, 09:24

Dear traders,

We managed to reproduce the problem and it will be fixed in an upcoming update of cTrader Desktop

Best Regards, 

cTrader Team

@Spotware

Xammo
29 Mar 2023, 13:57

This seems to be working 'rock solid' in 4.6.4 nice one Spotware glad you got it sorted so quickly thank you

@Xammo

kashifs
06 Sep 2023, 08:26 ( Updated at: 06 Sep 2023, 09:23 )

Same problem here, although I use new chart without adding any indicator 

@kashifs

Spotware
06 Sep 2023, 09:27

RE: Draw/IsInteractive Problem

kashifnizami said: 

Same problem here, although I use new chart without adding any indicator 

Dear trader,

Can you please create a new thread about your issue and provide us with some more information like troubleshooting and a video demonstrating this issue?

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware