ctrader update error

Created at 02 Jan 2023, 10:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RX

Rx1ooo

Joined 05.02.2018

ctrader update error
02 Jan 2023, 10:36

I am running windows 11 Home 22H2 version 64bit and been having an update error on cTrader desktop for a couple of weeks now, contacted the broker but the referred me to to you guys. Getting the update error message in red on the top right corner of the application, tried reinstalling the app but the setup app will not run with the same errors application error and .net unhandled exception. The following is the general info from the application and .net errors:

Faulting application name: ctrader-pepperstone-setup.exe, version: 4.4.23.11210, time stamp: 0xd8665416
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.963, time stamp: 0x766ca8ae
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00000000000906bc
Faulting process id: 0x0x3778
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D91E82FC03DCDF
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\Spotware\f0f89e726afc159a4d9efc9acaec479c\4.4.23.11210\df35db37680643b8bdebc8164b4e99ee\ctrader-pepperstone-setup.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 763320f7-56b6-493d-b62f-ca5c76003608
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: ctrader-pepperstone-setup.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Management.ManagementException
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(System.Management.ManagementStatus)
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection+ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CastIterator>d__97`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.__Canon>)
   at cTrader.Setup.Diagnostic.SetupOperationSystemInfoProvider.get_FriendlyName()
   at Core.cBraltar.CBraltarReportParametersCreator.BuildOperationSystemName(Core.cBraltar.Contracts.Internal.ICBraltarOperationSystemInfoProvider, Core.cBraltar.Contracts.ICBraltarProductInfoProvider)
   at Core.cBraltar.CBraltarReportParametersCreator..ctor(Core.cBraltar.Contracts.ICBraltarProductInfoProvider, Core.cBraltar.Contracts.ICBraltarMachineIdProvider, Core.cBraltar.Contracts.Internal.ICBraltarMemoryStatusService, Core.cBraltar.Contracts.Internal.ICBraltarTimeZoneInfoProvider, Core.cBraltar.Contracts.Internal.ICBraltarZipArchiveService, Core.cBraltar.Contracts.Internal.ICBraltarOperationSystemInfoProvider)
   at cTrader.Setup.Diagnostic.SetupIntelligenceServiceFactory.Create(cTrader.Setup.Metadata.Manifest, cTrader.Setup.Diagnostic.Targets.SetupLoggerMemoryTarget)
   at cTrader.Setup.Install.Runner.Run(System.String[])
   at cTrader.Setup.Install.Program.Main(System.String[])

Appreciate it if you can have a look from me

bDoug 02012023

@Rx1ooo
Replies

drewisdad
02 Jan 2023, 23:22 ( Updated at: 02 Jan 2023, 23:24 )

RE:

I received the 'update available' to 4.4 this morning (I was using ICmarkets 4.2).  I clicked on update and it attempted to install and restart. It didn't restart.  I tried manually starting it after 10 mins and it opens a simple chart (not the main application) for about 10 secs before that disappears.  Cannot see any process working that would say she is still updating.

Do I have to un-install and re-install?  Is it safe for me to do so?

This might be related to bDoug's problem... and then again maybe not.

Thanks in advance

@drewisdad

... Deleted by UFO ...

Rx1ooo
23 Jan 2023, 03:18

cTrader Update error

I am still receiving the same error an unable to update cTrader, I have not received any response from the support team. I would appreciate some support on this matter

Many thanks

@Rx1ooo

Spotware
23 Jan 2023, 10:11

Dear trader,

Can you please try a clean installation and let us know if this problem is resolved?

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

Rx1ooo
25 Jan 2023, 01:20

Update Error

cTrader team,

Many thanks for your response.

A clean install failed to resolve the issue, cTrader would not uninstall so I had to do it manually.

I then reinstalled windows 11 keeping my files and apps, and reinstalled cTrader to the new version this has resolved the issue.

Many thanks for your support.

bDoug

@Rx1ooo

jon_d_h
29 Jan 2023, 15:46

RE: Update Error

same issue here and still not resolved. Did you fix?

Rx1ooo said:

cTrader team,

A clean install failed to resolve the issue, cTrader would not uninstall so I had to do it manually.

I then reinstalled windows 11 keeping my files and apps, and reinstalled cTrader to the new version this has resolved the issue.

bDoug

@jon_d_h

jon_d_h
29 Jan 2023, 15:46

RE: Update Error

same issue here and still not resolved. Did you fix?

Rx1ooo said:

cTrader team,

bDoug

@jon_d_h