Does anyone at Spotware actually use cTrader? Cannot grab SL/TP lines when multiple indicators on chart without first moving chart. :-/

Created at 29 Dec 2022, 16:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FI

firemyst

Joined 26.03.2019

Does anyone at Spotware actually use cTrader? Cannot grab SL/TP lines when multiple indicators on chart without first moving chart. :-/
29 Dec 2022, 16:03

While having the indicator information displayed on the chart is nice, @Spotware you seriously need to look and see how ThinkMarkets implemented this feature.

For instance, with indicator info on charts, I can no longer drag either SL or TP lines because they fall BEHIND the indicator information, making them "ungrabbable" by the mouse!

See below:

There is no possible way to grab and drag that SL line unless I move the chart to get the SL line either between or below all the indicator information displays.

Certainly not user friendly! Does anyone at @Spotware actually use the product before releasing it?

Might I suggest you put an option to "minimize" the displayed indicator info and shift it slightly to the "right" so at least the SL and TP lines can be clicked-and-dragged by the mouse without having to scroll the chart first?

Thank you.

@firemyst
Replies

mikefox
12 Dec 2023, 17:27

One of the reasons i dont consider this plattform being suited for real trading. 

This is really dangerous. 

Dont like when plattforms are not made customizable. 

@mikefox

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Dec 2023, 06:26 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: Does anyone at Spotware actually use cTrader? Cannot grab SL/TP lines when multiple indicators on chart without first moving chart. :-/

mikefox7602 said: 

One of the reasons i dont consider this plattform being suited for real trading. 

Hi there,

You can hide the indicator titles in the Viewing Options

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

mikefox
13 Dec 2023, 06:58 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE: Does anyone at Spotware actually use cTrader? Cannot grab SL/TP lines when multiple indicators on chart without first moving chart. :-/

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

mikefox7602 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Thank GD finally . Now only thing missing is being able to fix scaling to fixed points . 

Really thank you . Stuff like this is pretty important especially for new users for me. 

Iam trying out platforms to decide what to go with and this was one of the feutures that almost made me want to dump it. 

Visually this platform has given me the best confluence patterns so its a contender again. 

Really greatful. 

Thank you and cheers.

@mikefox

firemyst
13 Dec 2023, 06:58 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE: Does anyone at Spotware actually use cTrader? Cannot grab SL/TP lines when multiple indicators on chart without first moving chart. :-/

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

mikefox7602 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

The overall point of this thread is one can't trade nicely with the indicator tiles shown, because they get in the way that the user cannot “Grab” either the SL or TP lines when trading.

Even if on the chart if the eyeball is clicked or unclicked, a user simply cannot click and drag the SL/TP line. In this example below, the SL bar can't be grabbed and dragged unless someone moves the entire chart area down so graphically the SL and TP lines come down BELOW all the indicator tiles:

One when the chart is re positioned like so:

is one able to grab and move the SL/TP lines.

So in a nutshell, as of version cTrader v 4.8.30 Spotware still hasn't fixed this issue. All they should need to do is fix the indicator tiles shown so their Z-Axis value is lower than the SL/TP lines displayed.

Or as I suggested in my original post, INDENT the indicator tiles displayed so the SL/TP parts can be grabbed.

@firemyst