Deal Map showing Exit 'in space' above the candle high

Created at 21 Dec 2022, 01:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BA

bazisfree

Joined 17.01.2022

Deal Map showing Exit 'in space' above the candle high
21 Dec 2022, 01:02

I'm generally setting a SL about 25 pips away and using the 30 minute timeframe.

I have had a few instances where by a stop loss exit 'jumps' over my initial stop loss to be about twice the distance from entry as the original SL. This is not slippage, please read on.

The eventual exit price shown on the chart with the Deal Map is 'in space'. I mean the deal map shows the exit NOT to be within a candle. It might be 18 pips above the high (of the candle) as an example from a losing short trade.

If I drill down to a 1 tick chart I can see the apparent bid and ask at that point (the eventual exit price), and it shows a 1 pip spread, but then if there was a transaction at that price why do all the timeframes of 1 minute or more show nothing of the sort? Hope that makes sense. BTW there was plenty of ticks between my initial SL price and the eventual exit, so plenty of chances to exit before it did.

Thanks in advance.

@bazisfree
Replies

PanagiotisChar
21 Dec 2022, 09:57

Hi there,

If you could share some screenshots of the things you are describing, it would help.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

bazisfree
21 Dec 2022, 12:57 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

SL jumped and exit into thin air

Hi,

@PanagiotisCharalampous @ PanagiotisChar

As can be seen below, the exit is not on a candle.

Forgive my ignorance, I'll admit I really don't understand all these position details etc, but the fact remains the deal map shows an exit much worse than the SL was set and in 'thin air'.

@bazisfree

bazisfree
23 Dec 2022, 06:20

RE: Please see screen shots

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

If you could share some screenshots of the things you are describing, it would help.

Aieden Technologies

Hi,

I posted the screen shots above, but didn't use this to reply, so you didn't get notified I guess.

Thanks for taking a look.

Baz

@bazisfree

PanagiotisChar
23 Dec 2022, 09:51

Hi there,

It's because of spread. Sell positions close on Ask prices, candles are drawn on Bid prices.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

bazisfree
23 Dec 2022, 10:12

RE: Thanks

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

It's because of spread. Sell positions close on Ask prices, candles are drawn on Bid prices.

Aieden Technologies

Thank you. A rookie misunderstanding. 

@bazisfree