Exception in cTrader

Created at 15 Dec 2022, 17:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

bishbashbosh

Joined 08.08.2018

Exception in cTrader
15 Dec 2022, 17:11

I keep hitting this exception message in cTrader

are you on it already as the message suggests - and if so, when can we expect a patch version?

this version seems generally a little unstable to me - charts freezing, indicators crashing intermittently etc.

I am running on Parallels on macOS, but cT has always been stable up until now.

@bishbashbosh
Replies

ncel01
15 Dec 2022, 23:21 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

Hi bishbashbosh,

Same with me!

The exact same exception and cTrader release.

Are you running any cBots when you get this?

bishbashbosh said:

I keep hitting this exception message in cTrader

are you on it already as the message suggests - and if so, when can we expect a patch version?

this version seems generally a little unstable to me - charts freezing, indicators crashing intermittently etc.

I am running on Parallels on macOS, but cT has always been stable up until now.

@ncel01

bishbashbosh
16 Dec 2022, 10:21

I have some helper bots for order-entry, but these are only short-lived, so I don't think they are the issue here.

Have upped the VM memory setting from 8 GB (auto) to 12 GB to see if this helps things.

@bishbashbosh

ncel01
16 Dec 2022, 11:35

RE:

Okay, that's good to know!

I also don't think a cBot is able to crash the main application, unless hardware resources are taken to the limit, which was not the case with me.

Spotware should definitely look at these kind of issues since those make automated trading not only a "mirage" but also a danger. After all, ctrader is a trading platform and not Instagram..

Let's wait for a possible reply to this thread by the development team. Mostly likely is that they will ask for the cBot code..

bishbashbosh said:

I have some helper bots for order-entry, but these are only short-lived, so I don't think they are the issue here.

Have upped the VM memory setting from 8 GB (auto) to 12 GB to see if this helps things.

@ncel01

bishbashbosh
16 Dec 2022, 15:30

Ok, seems extra memory wasn't it - just got the error dialog again. Strange thing is, it says please close cTrader, but you can just close the dialog and carry on.

@bishbashbosh

ncel01
16 Dec 2022, 16:45

RE:

Yes, indeed.

But I have the feeling that cBots stop working when this happens, even if start buttons remain active.. be aware.

What is the latest info in the journal when this happens? Any mention to "DISCONNECTED" ?

bishbashbosh said:

Ok, seems extra memory wasn't it - just got the error dialog again. Strange thing is, it says please close cTrader, but you can just close the dialog and carry on.

@ncel01

Spotware
16 Dec 2022, 16:49

Hi to both,

We are aware of this issue and it will be solved in the next update of cTrader Desktop.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

ncel01
16 Dec 2022, 17:13

RE:

Hi Spotware,

That's good news.

Thanks for informing!

Spotware said:

Hi to both,

We are aware of this issue and it will be solved in the next update of cTrader Desktop.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@ncel01