Version v4.4/19 does not work on the VPS

Created at 23 Nov 2022, 02:00
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LA

Lange.Violeta

Joined 25.08.2022

Version v4.4/19 does not work on the VPS
23 Nov 2022, 02:00

I put experts on VPS. Windows Server 2012 R2.
After about half an hour trying to switch window or editor. The window images in the terminal disappear. You can only get windows back by closing and reopening the terminal. This bug appears in all versions since 4.2. Already many times wrote about this a few months ago and now - the error is not corrected. Trading on a real account with such a terminal is dangerous. Developers, please do something about this. All your innovations and all sorts of features are secondary if there is such an error and it is impossible to trade on such a terminal. Is it really difficult to install Windows Server 2012 R2 on some VPS, install an Expert Advisor, turn it on for trading and make sure that this error exists. The screen looks like this.

@Lange.Violeta
Replies

Xammo
25 Nov 2022, 01:28

Hi

There is already a thread about this - https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-support/38822

Sounds like you are on a Beeks VPS if its WS 2012 R2 (who else would be running such an old OS although I have to say Beeks VPS's are the best performing of those offered by IC Markets free VPS service just wish they'd upgrade the OS!)

@Xammo

Lange.Violeta
25 Nov 2022, 01:41 ( Updated at: 25 Nov 2022, 02:04 )

RE:

Xammo said:

Hi

There is already a thread about this - https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-support/38822

Sounds like you are on a Beeks VPS if its WS 2012 R2 (who else would be running such an old OS although I have to say Beeks VPS's are the best performing of those offered by IC Markets free VPS service just wish they'd upgrade the OS!)

No, this is PQHosting VPS. We tried on different VPS and from IC Markets - ForexVPS and others. Everywhere the same. After half an hour it is impossible to switch between windows. It does not depend on the system. We tried on Windows Server 2016, 2019 and 2022. Same thing. I think it's in the code of the terminal itself, something is uninitialized. Let's say some variable and that's why it happens. This can only be fixed by the creators of the program. But for some reason they have not done this for several months. Although the error is easily detected. I don't believe they tried and failed to reproduce. Everyone who tried to bet on VPS gets the same thing in half an hour. Most likely they are just too lazy to go to VPS. The worst thing is when you depend on unscrupulous people. But maybe I'm wrong and they tried to do something.

@Lange.Violeta