Trendlines move when I change time frames

Created at 24 Nov 2014, 01:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
B_

b_goleman

Joined 28.08.2014

Trendlines move when I change time frames
24 Nov 2014, 01:02

Hi there I have a very annoying problem with my cTrader. When I place support/resistance lines, fibonacci retracement/expansion or channels then try to change to a different time frame they don't stay in place? It doesn't do it every time but very often. I have to constantly be making sure they are in the right place, it's driving me nuts. It does it on both of my computers. I have tried re-installing the software but it still does it. Please help.

Regards

@b_goleman
Replies

Spotware
24 Nov 2014, 11:06

Hello,

Please specify the exact steps when this problem occurs.

Can you please include some screenshots as well, in order to investigate this issue thoroughly.

Regards

@Spotware

b_goleman
25 Nov 2014, 00:03 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

First screenshot is on the 4 hour time frame. Second image is on the Daily time frame. Observe that the location and size of the channel did not adjust to the Daily time frame. The last image is on the 1 hour time frame again the channel has not re adjusted to the new time frame. If I click back to the original 4 hour time frame the channel fits perfectly in place just as I draw it originally.

@b_goleman

b_goleman
25 Nov 2014, 00:05 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

@b_goleman

b_goleman
25 Nov 2014, 00:06 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

@b_goleman

b_goleman
26 Nov 2014, 06:16

Did you understand what I was trying to explain?

@b_goleman

Spotware
26 Nov 2014, 14:58

Thank you for  your response.

Yes, this is a pretty clear description of the problem.

Our team is already looking into this and we will let you know as soon as possible.

@Spotware

b_goleman
27 Nov 2014, 00:12

Great, thank you.

@b_goleman

AlexanderRC
28 Nov 2014, 04:00

One of our traders complained about a similar problem with manually added horizontal lines and fibo levels indicator.

@AlexanderRC

b_goleman
08 Dec 2014, 01:05

Can you please provide an update on this issue?

@b_goleman

zumzum
08 Dec 2014, 18:08

Today a similar problem occured on my platform when switching time frames (but cannot reproduce):

1. draw some chart objects (rectangle in my case)

2. change time frame

3. scroll back in timeline

4. object moved with time instead of staying in the place where I put/ankered it

regards

@zumzum

b_goleman
17 Dec 2014, 05:32

Hello, is anybody there? Have you found a solution to this problem yet it is a bloody terrible fault with this platform! 

@b_goleman

Spotware
17 Dec 2014, 12:05

We apologize for the inconvenience, but our development team is still investigating this issue.

We will let you know as soon as we have an update on this matter.

@Spotware

DavalRista
16 Mar 2015, 15:56

Still nothing I see. Very very frustrating bug, I experience it many times per day.

@DavalRista

b_goleman
16 Apr 2015, 01:42

You have still done nothing about this bug! This happens many times daily on this platform and it is a terrible flaw. It has been nearly 6 months guys pick your game up!

@b_goleman

bruceb
14 Jun 2015, 21:36 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: Problem is still happening...

b_goleman said:

You have still done nothing about this bug! This happens many times daily on this platform and it is a terrible flaw. It has been nearly 6 months guys pick your game up!

This problem still exists.  As you can see in the 3 charts below (M5, M3, M1), there are 5 trendlines inside the white ellipse drawn..  The blue and upper yellow trendlines stay constant in all 3 timeframes, but the purple, white, and second yellow line are jumping all over the place...

@bruceb

MavFX
30 Jul 2019, 23:52

5 years later and this is still a problem.. https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-support/21472

I'm facing the same issues too on the higher timeframes, nightmare! what did you resort to doing? I'm contemplating using another platform

@MavFX

... Deleted by UFO ...

RossSquires
22 Jan 2021, 14:07

I've seen a solution to this problem

Such problems happen, it was written about them in the review by https://analytics4profits.com about trendlines, I hope it hasn't been deleted yet. Bugs are very annoying, I also suffered for a long time, but then finally solved this issue.

@RossSquires