Performance Degradation on 4K resolutions.

Created at 18 Nov 2014, 16:56
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EL

Elogos

Joined 23.01.2014

Performance Degradation on 4K resolutions.
18 Nov 2014, 16:56

It seems that regardless of GPU acceleration or not that the charting area performs poorly when at higher resolutions.

3200x1800 and also 3840x2160 are the two display resolutions I have to work with.

If I take the window and resize it smaller to say 70% of the screen it gets a better.

This is with the basic light/dark template defaults, so no indicators loaded.

@Elogos
Replies

AlexanderRC
19 Nov 2014, 14:57

RE:

Elogos said:

It seems that regardless of GPU acceleration or not that the charting area performs poorly when at higher resolutions.

3200x1800 and also 3840x2160 are the two display resolutions I have to work with.

If I take the window and resize it smaller to say 70% of the screen it gets a better.

This is with the basic light/dark template defaults, so no indicators loaded.

Can you test with maximum height and width across half the monitor? There may be some hard coded maximum of width for the chart...

I plan to get a 4K monitor and this is a real showstopper for me.

@AlexanderRC

Elogos
19 Nov 2014, 16:06

I have isolated it to each individual instance of a chart. If any one chart gets beyond 3000 pixels in any direction (tried with rotated screen) performance seems to suffer greatly. I does degrade below 3K in one direction, however it really isn't that noticeable.
I have put it on my wife's pro NVIDIA card and have same issue. It seems to be isolated to this application since posting I have rigged a WPF application with 50 and 100 thousand graphics objects some of which are animated and some are redrawn and resized, no issues. I don't think the charts have 100K objects.

@Elogos

Elogos
09 Dec 2014, 16:24

Still nothing on this? The performance issues are getting to be annoying for me, I can't scroll in the charts easily on an Iris or 4K display. I don't have a laptop/workstation without either of these that I use for trading. On an 1080p display, no problems at all.

This issue is a new occurrence since November

@Elogos

Elogos
12 Jan 2015, 15:02

Still and issue, has not been fixed in any way.

@Elogos

AlexanderRC
22 Jan 2015, 23:21

May be worth posting on vote.spotware.com?

@AlexanderRC

Elogos
22 Jan 2015, 23:27

@Elogos

Spotware
10 Feb 2015, 09:47

Dear Traders,

We are aware of the issue with 4K resolutions. We plan to optimize graphical performance in the future.

@Spotware

Elogos
10 Feb 2015, 13:33

Some draconian moderation measures are in play here. I didn't say anything that was bad, just that I stopped using this platform and have my own platform that charting platform that runs exactly how I need. 

I never make posts like this on any forum however with a company that talks about transparency I am very concerned.

@Elogos

tdezo
25 Oct 2015, 04:25

RE:

Elogos said:

Some draconian moderation measures are in play here. I didn't say anything that was bad, just that I stopped using this platform and have my own platform that charting platform that runs exactly how I need. 

I never make posts like this on any forum however with a company that talks about transparency I am very concerned.

@tdezo

tdezo
25 Oct 2015, 04:26

What is the max resolution for c trader?  I plan to use 2560x 1440 monitors!

@tdezo

tdezo
25 Oct 2015, 04:28

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Traders,

We are aware of the issue with 4K resolutions. We plan to optimize graphical performance in the future.

What is the max resolution for ctrader.   I plan to buy 2560x1440 monitors , Could I use them?

@tdezo

kricka
18 Nov 2015, 00:22

RE: RE:

tdezo said:

Spotware said:

Dear Traders,

What is the max resolution for ctrader.   I plan to buy 2560x1440 monitors , Could I use them?

Should not be any problems in that resolution. The problem as many has pointed out is in 4K resolution.

Spotware is aware of the problems in 4K so they will probably make a fix to address it. 

I am more concerned about the problems for programmers to really use the 4K resolution. We don't have the tools to really make it visually appealing to the end user.

I am talking about  ChartObjects.DrawText which only has very limited font and size properties, everything gets really dwarfed the way it's presented in higher resolutions.

This I hope that Spotware is working on as the 4K resolution is almost soon to be expected as the main stream resolution for most monitors.

@kricka

contest20151
26 Dec 2015, 14:56

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Traders,

Has it been resolved because i plan to get 4k monitor.

@contest20151

kricka
28 Dec 2015, 03:23

Font, sizes and a 4K fix

To present several accurate font and sizes in cBot creations for high resolution monitors, one major update is required in ChartObjects.DrawText. 

Hope this will be coming soon as the new year is around the corner. Also the fix needed to run 4K without problems would be most welcome.

@kricka