"Apply as default settings for.." do not work (still)

Created at 05 Oct 2022, 14:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IN

intraflay

Joined 01.06.2020

"Apply as default settings for.." do not work (still)
05 Oct 2022, 14:25

This is a problem that's been present for over two years whilst using the platform now, and it's really frustrating. I personally have posted about it previously, as others have too.

When setting a colour for a particular tool; ie. Fib, rectangle etc, there is a check box which reads "Apply as default settings for Fibonacci Retracement" (as an example).. Yet it never does. Whenever you go to use any tool, it simply uses the last colour used. I use very light grey mostly for rectangles and rays etc, but when I pull up a fib, it's too light and I have to go and manually change the colour to something brighter. Every. Single. Time. And this is super annoying! Surely this has got to be a simple fix?! 

PLEASE, PLEASE try to sort this out. Thank you!

@intraflay
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Oct 2022, 16:45

Hi there, 

That was always like this by design. You cannot save a default color.

Aieden Technologies

Need Help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

intraflay
05 Oct 2022, 17:07

RE:

Thanks for the reply! Really? Could this not be implemented? Would be a very nice feature to have and save a lot of faffing around. 

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi there, 

Aieden Technologies

@intraflay

ctid3999979
15 Oct 2022, 12:15

RE: RE:

intraflay said:

Thanks for the reply! Really? Could this not be implemented? Would be a very nice feature to have and save a lot of faffing around. 

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi there, 

Aieden Technologies

I would be very nice to be able to set custom defaults and not just colour. For example, I prefer to have the trend line set to a thickness of 2. It gets very tiresome to have to right-click every single trend line and change it from a thickness of 1 to 2. Maybe I'm missing something but before the new drawing tools menu was implemented, we could set the drawing tools to have defaults going forward, now we can't?

@ctid3999979

martinnoha18
25 Oct 2023, 12:55 ( Updated at: 25 Oct 2023, 13:01 )

Sorry, it was a mistake.

@martinnoha18

kbktrd
18 Jul 2024, 00:10 ( Updated at: 18 Jul 2024, 05:55 )

It is absolutely ridiculous that you can't set a default color for a tool like the horizontal line in a trading platform in 2024.

@kbktrd