suddenly BUILD FAILED error

Created at 23 Sep 2022, 21:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

xabbu

Joined 20.07.2020

suddenly BUILD FAILED error
23 Sep 2022, 21:25

Dear community,

since this afternoon, after Visual Studio Community 22 did made some updates, I can't compile any longer in my cTrader 4.3.12 from spotware. Even the sample code examples are not compilable. It throughs the error "build failed". De-installing and reinstalling of cTrader and Visual Studio didn't change anything.

ICM Raw cTrader 4.2.22 on same machine is not affected and works and compiles fine.

cTrader 4.3.12 on two other machines also work.

Any idea what went wrong and, more important, how to get it back to work?

Kindest regards,

@xabbu
Replies

Xammo
25 Sep 2022, 11:42

I don't know if this is related but I am also unable to build in VS2019 on one of my VPS's (other one same setup works fine) after I accidentally/unknowingly installed 4.2 when trying to set my 4.1 install to 'Startup -> Multiple Profiles' (I had no idea creating a profile would install a new version of cTrader or why it chose to install 4.2) but now no matter what I do (uninstalled the 4.2 uninstalled the 4.1 uninstalled VS reinstalled it all and the VS Extension countless times) the build in VS just hangs and never completes/have to kill VS in TaskManager - have tried on a newly created cBot and same thing just hangs will never build...

(Panagiotis if you see this please can you let us know if there is some way you will be communicating the fixes as they are completed for 4.2? If the OnBar and Server.Time issues are resolved I should be able to use 4.2 or 4.3 for that matter but yeh please is there somewhere we can get updated on the fixes as they come out? Thanks)

@Xammo

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Sep 2022, 10:36

Hi to both.

Can you share screenshots with the errors?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

xabbu
26 Sep 2022, 10:41 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

sure... Thank you Panagiotis for taking care!

@xabbu

xabbu
26 Sep 2022, 10:44

the error comes immeadiatly after pressing build with very short to no delay...

@xabbu

Xammo
26 Sep 2022, 11:32

Mines the build in VS (builds fine in the code editor) 4.1/VS2019 build just hangs/greys out can’t cancel have to kill VS process/has happened occasionally over the years but usually resolved by  recreating the bot/deleting original so something else I think not related to OP’s issue but am stumped what is causing it - I’ve got one working setup at least frustrating as it is can live with/hopefully work out what’s going wrong

@Xammo

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Sep 2022, 12:10 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Hi xabbu,

Which compiler do you use? 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Sep 2022, 12:11

RE:

Xammo said:

Mines the build in VS (builds fine in the code editor) 4.1/VS2019 build just hangs/greys out can’t cancel have to kill VS process/has happened occasionally over the years but usually resolved by  recreating the bot/deleting original so something else I think not related to OP’s issue but am stumped what is causing it - I’ve got one working setup at least frustrating as it is can live with/hopefully work out what’s going wrong

It could be an issue with the old integration but ee do not support 4.1 at the moment. It is advisable to upgrade your cBot.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

xabbu
26 Sep 2022, 12:20 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

thanks for that hint, Panagiotis. Every selection but the selected (6.0.400) works fine, now - What should I select for best results? The embedded one or the latest 401?

@xabbu

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Sep 2022, 12:25

Hi xabbu.

Use the latest one for .NET 6.0 projects.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

xabbu
26 Sep 2022, 12:44

Thank you very much for the kind and fast support, Panagiotis. 

Completly of topic but on my question list for a long time:

1) (when) will 2FA finally arive?

2) (when) will backtesting Renko comes anytime?

3) (when) will ctrader sales be so successfull as ctrader support ;-)?

@xabbu

Xammo
26 Sep 2022, 13:25

I had that set as latest net 6 too when 4.2 was installed on the VPS but obviously 4.1 doesn’t even have the option so is there somehow that when 4.2 got installed when I changed startup behaviour to multiple profiles/created a profile that it’s somehow causing my issue? 4.1/VS19 were installed/working fine until I tried to setup the multiple profiles

I understand it’s all hands on deck sorting 4.2/4.3 and you’d consider 4.1/VS19 issues to be very low priority but I can’t use 4.2/4.3 as my live bots rely on OnBar and that ain’t working so I am getting squeezed into a difficult corner here!

@Xammo

Xammo
26 Sep 2022, 23:22

Sorted

For what it's worth/if anyone comes across the same issue I don't know why it should cause a problem (security permissions I guess) the reason it was not working was becuase I decided to 'install' (extract) cTrader 4.1 in a folder top level on the C:\ drive

Installed it in the appdata\roaming folder and VS builds fine 

Cheers

@Xammo