Can we please have an option to downgrade ctrader?

Created at 02 Aug 2022, 15:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

douglascvas

Joined 02.01.2018

Can we please have an option to downgrade ctrader?
02 Aug 2022, 15:02

It is great that you guys are adding features and trying to improve things and thank you for the effort. Many things have indeed improved on ctrader in the last years.

I would like just to mention/suggest 3 essential points:

1) smal incremental steps on feature development instead of a big bang that risks breaking everything (I know that depending on the refactoring that might be not so easy, but most of the time still possible)

2) have backwards compatibility as much as possible

3) support a couple of older versions - in case things go wrong with an update people can still use the software with most stable versions

At the moment many people are stuck with the many problems in ctrader 4.2/4.3 and there is no way to go back to 4.1.

@douglascvas
Replies

userUser
02 Aug 2022, 18:06

If cTrader would offer a dialog window on whether to update now or later, would be good. We could wait to update until all the bugs are fixed.

@userUser

douglascvas
03 Aug 2022, 00:58

RE:

userUser said:

If cTrader would offer a dialog window on whether to update now or later, would be good. We could wait to update until all the bugs are fixed.

It does have that but is does not help that much because you only see the problems after you did the upgrade.

@douglascvas

swingfish
03 Aug 2022, 06:55 ( Updated at: 03 Aug 2022, 06:59 )

RE: RE:

douglascvas said:

userUser said:

It does have that but is does not help that much because you only see the problems after you did the upgrade.

i do have a "lastest" ctrader installed directly from spotware, so I know what's about to happen .. and can work towards it, but some things are just unsolvable, or the update get's pushed anyway. just for the sake of the timeline.

you can "sort of" prevent updates, just NEVER stop ctrader or restart your computer. :)
Once you do, the new version will be forced on you. and just like many, many times in the past, simply making money turns into dealing with major issues that come with the new version.

I'm not the type of "in the past things were better" .. not at all, but this type of issue are unbelievably annoying not only for traders but also for brokers, and I'm sure one of the reasons why the adaption is so low for ctrader generally. Imagine you have 500k ctrader clients as a broker, and then a software update like the 4.2.17 comes in creating thousands of support tickets the Broker can't even deal with properly because there is no changelog either.

nobory will blame Spotware for F&$(g it up, all the bad rep is going to the broker.

There is no way of telling for brokers, traders or tech staff that doesn't work for spotware,
if the problem is client based or actually related to the update as no one really knows what has been changed.

That's not exactly what I would call "transparency" 

@swingfish