Issues List cTrader 4.3

Created at 01 Aug 2022, 07:24
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

swingfish

Joined 25.06.2016

Issues List cTrader 4.3
01 Aug 2022, 07:24

Great stuff, after using cTrader for like 4 minutes i found a bunch of things that create some annoyance, break things, or just are .. well whatever.

there is no changelog, and we are forced to update, so its always like buying a lottery ticket as we do not know what will break no changelog besides the marketing buddle in forum and email, that tells us nothing, 

here is what I have noticed so far.

cTrader 
Free-Chart-Mode somehow auto sort the windows, making it impossible to arrange windows for Full screen (single chart mode) 
the sound played to confirm alteration of orders is the same as actually placing an order.
this is not always the case but most of the time, creating massive confusion about the action that has just been taken.
before the alter sound was different, providing a clear audio confirmation of the actions taken, not its like completely pointless to have the sound at all, as it just always play the same sound.

using file-based chart object management leads to massive lag, making trendline-based charting impossible.

Algo settings have no more "reset/default" feature, the only way to get the defaults is to unload and reload the algo from the chart.

cAlgo
ChartObjects.DrawText with 0.1 size doesn;t always show up for some reason

StaticPosition.TopRight seems to be ignored (its always at the left)

ChartObjects.DrawText that plot's in the future doesn;t show

most algoss are EXTREMLY Slow, and just do not run sub functions without reason or output
as example o have a algo that tells me the actions i do in order to confirm them using Notifications.PlaySound 
on 6 out of 10 times, it just NOT plays the sound.

starting/stop bots takes multiple seconds.

overall performance is much lower than before.

@swingfish
Replies

swingfish
01 Aug 2022, 08:16

RE:

one more thing, it's impossible to type a "." in most of the price fields.

which makes adjusting of trendlines, targets and other things pretty much impossible without some major working around.

this is probably just a worse version of the previous issue where localisations prevented filling of Commas and Dot's which i complained about since 2 years now ;) 

@swingfish

swingfish
01 Aug 2022, 12:46 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE:

every few minutes, indicators and cbots just freezing, the error refers to the tab it's loaded in and the tab it's loaded in refers to a log that doesn't exist.

the journal has no information in it regarding this, and the log folder in AppData is empty, so where can one find out what's wrong?

@swingfish

swingfish
01 Aug 2022, 12:59

Detached windows are somewhat always in the foreground (which is nice generally), but if the user has no control over it becomes quite difficult to navigate the desktop landscape without hiding windows, which makes the detached window feature kind of pointless.

For example, my Position window is detached and overlaps the main window, so I can see it at all times on the main screen, in the previous version this did respect application focus, but now it's just always on top, if I want to change the timeframe I have to actually minimize the position window or move it away in order to be able to reach the buttons.

in combination with the little to no keyboard integration, this is sort of a problem, when windows do overlap each other, this issue only seems to be a problem when the main window is in fullscreen mode, switching between detached windows seems to work just fine. 

however using only detached windows (all floating) is a problem in itself as not everything can be deetached.

@swingfish

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Aug 2022, 14:47

Hi swingfish,

Algo settings have no more "reset/default" feature, the only way to get the defaults is to unload and reload the algo from the chart.

Can you please clarify what do you mean here? 

cAlgo

We were not able to reproduce the above. Can you share some code where this happens?

most algoss are EXTREMLY Slow, and just do not run sub functions without reason or output

We are looking into performance reports but if you can share something specific, it would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

swingfish
03 Aug 2022, 06:46 ( Updated at: 03 Aug 2022, 06:47 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi swingfish,

Can you please clarify what do you mean here? 

older version had a option to load the defaults (not a dealbreaker, just annoying)

cAlgo

We were not able to reproduce the above. Can you share some code where this happens?

InfoLocation = StaticPosition.TopRight;
if (symbolPnL == 0)
{
  ChartObjects.DrawText(Symbol.Code + "_SymbolPnL", symbolTextDisplayed, InfoLocation, Colors.White);
}
else
{
  ChartObjects.DrawText(Symbol.Code + "_SymbolPnL", symbolTextDisplayed, InfoLocation, symbolPnL > 0 ? Colors.Lime : Colors.Tomato);
}

this results in text to be show on TOP LEFT since the 4.2.17 update

ChartObjects.DrawText("vwapdst", " " + Math.Round((Math.Abs(vWapA - Symbol.Bid) / Symbol.PipSize), 1), index + 5, VWAP[index], VerticalAlignment.Center, HorizontalAlignment.Center, Colors.Gray);

This is plotting a pip value in the future so it can be easy seen, the number is just gone since 4.2.17

the line issue around DrawLine seems to have an issue when the thickness is below 0.3 and the occupancy below 80, then lines just disappear. 

@swingfish

ctid2434759
08 Aug 2022, 05:18 ( Updated at: 08 Aug 2022, 05:19 )

RE:

Hi Panagiotis,

I am facing the same problems.

I have a cBot that I've run in cTrader 4.1 and it executes in 3 seconds.

I run the exact same cBot in 4.2.18 and it takes 1minute and 6 seconds.

The new updates have made cTrader extremely slow. It's a shame that these updates are a forced download as I never would have upgraded until the stability and speed issues were fixed.

@ctid2434759

... Deleted by UFO ...

danielwilson.ac
05 Oct 2022, 21:31

RE:

For me the visual mode is super laggy at full speed and unrealized net profit is lagging and not correct, even if backtesting is paused. I also feel like backtesting is slower!

@danielwilson.ac