cTrader taking all the CPU

Created at 29 Jul 2022, 17:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GN

gnomitrollxd

Joined 29.07.2022

cTrader taking all the CPU
29 Jul 2022, 17:20

Hello,

since the last update cTrader is taking all the CPU making it unpossible to trade at all. Before the update everything was working fine and smooth.
Maybe you could help me?

Kind Regards

@gnomitrollxd
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Aug 2022, 14:51

Hi there,

If the issue persists please send us some troubleshooting info and quoting the link to this discussion.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

gnomitrollxd
03 Aug 2022, 00:44

RE:

I already sended a troubleshooting.info.

Since the last update cTrader is lagging heavily rising the CPU and using a lot memory. Before the update everything was fine. The charts sometimes need ages to draw the indicators.
Today i realized that this was mostly occuring trading session Frankfurt New York. Right now with Wellington trading session the CPU and memory usage went down, but when i have Frankfurt and especially New York, it jumps heavily up to over 20-40% and everything slows down making it unable to trade. i don't know what happened after the last update, but this kind of CPU and lag issue seems to affect a lot of other people as i could see it in the Forum.

Kind regards

@gnomitrollxd

swingfish
03 Aug 2022, 07:05 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE:

gnomitrollxd said:

I already sended a troubleshooting.info.

Since the last update cTrader is lagging heavily rising the CPU and using a lot memory. Before the update everything was fine. The charts sometimes need ages to draw the indicators.
Today i realized that this was mostly occuring trading session Frankfurt New York. Right now with Wellington trading session the CPU and memory usage went down, but when i have Frankfurt and especially New York, it jumps heavily up to over 20-40% and everything slows down making it unable to trade. i don't know what happened after the last update, but this kind of CPU and lag issue seems to affect a lot of other people as i could see it in the Forum.

Kind regards

Same here, it just floods the memory, until. there is none left.

and then stoping QUIETLY algos they literally just stop working completely, with no indication whatsoever.

sometimes (if you lucky) there will be a TINY innfo showing you that something is wrong, referring to a dialog, and that dialog refers to a log, that doesn't exist.

don't get me wrong, cTrader is the best thing that happened to thee retail trading industry, but the management just makes it growth like driving with the Handbreak on.

@swingfish