StopLimitOrder StopLimitRange

Created at 09 Jun 2022, 15:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AC

acrigney

Joined 25.05.2017

StopLimitOrder StopLimitRange
09 Jun 2022, 15:17

Hi Guys,

We are unable to find any difference with our trades with different values of the StopLimitRange for StopLimitOrders. So say I wanted a stoplimitrange of 1000 pips for the DOW which has a value of 0.01 per pip. so that would correspond to a move of 10 in the index?

Best Regards,

Alistair

@acrigney
Replies

amusleh
10 Jun 2022, 10:18

Hi,

Here you can read more about stop limit orders: Stop-Limit Order Definition: Features & Examples (investopedia.com)

Basically they limit the price that your order can be filled, if price goes outside your set limit (StopLimitRange) then the order will not be filled.

In cTrader you set that limit amount in Pips.

@amusleh

acrigney
11 Jun 2022, 13:13

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Here you can read more about stop limit orders: Stop-Limit Order Definition: Features & Examples (investopedia.com)

Basically they limit the price that your order can be filled, if price goes outside your set limit (StopLimitRange) then the order will not be filled.

In cTrader you set that limit amount in Pips.

Thanks mate but yes I have read that and I know that not many platforms support stop limit orders, but none of the values we use seem to make any difference.

Can you give me an example say on the DOW? Say you have a 5 pip target, what stop limit range would you typically use? I really don't want to have to use limit orders.

Best Regards,

Alistair

@acrigney

amusleh
14 Jun 2022, 09:35

Hi,

Stop Limit order limits the price range that your order can be filled, this is very simple.

When you tested it, was there any instance of getting filled in a worst price than your set limit range?

What kind of difference you are expecting? stop limit order is similar to stop order except it limits the price for filling of your order based on your provided limit range.

@amusleh