Position closing issue

Created at 28 May 2022, 06:27
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
YC

YC1186

Joined 28.07.2020

Position closing issue
28 May 2022, 06:27

Hi..

Is it possible to see how position has been closed? means to see via code or the platform if the position closed by me or by the cAlgo Bot..

Also, is it possible to add manually [via the platform] a label or a comment to position opening?..

Thanks..

@YC1186
Replies

amusleh
30 May 2022, 09:29

Hi,

No, there is no available data to know how a position is closed, you can check the position close reason inside position closed event but it only gives you information on what caused the position to close, not by who.

Regarding adding comment or label, yes it's possible, both comment and label are available for Positions and orders, you can set comment for a position either by using create new position window on cTrader or with automate API, labels are only available for API.

@amusleh

YC1186
30 May 2022, 09:51

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

No, there is no available data to know how a position is closed, you can check the position close reason inside position closed event but it only gives you information on what caused the position to close, not by who.

Regarding adding comment or label, yes it's possible, both comment and label are available for Positions and orders, you can set comment for a position either by using create new position window on cTrader or with automate API, labels are only available for API.

Hi.. thanks for the reply..

So how i do this?.. see the position closed event details? Also i just saw the comment small window below the Stop Lim orders on the PO box.. missed it as i so used for that window LOL... thanks for the enlighting also...

@YC1186

YC1186
06 Jun 2022, 17:45

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Also i'm pretty sure there's some way to know how a position has been closed.. It should be very simple programatically to know if it's been closed manually or by a bot..

@YC1186

amusleh
07 Jun 2022, 09:22

RE: RE:

YC1186 said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Also i'm pretty sure there's some way to know how a position has been closed.. It should be very simple programatically to know if it's been closed manually or by a bot..

Hi,

There is no API feature for getting such data.

You can create a thread on suggestions section for this feature.

@amusleh