Optimization error in 4.2.4

Created at 26 May 2022, 12:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TR

trading1

Joined 17.09.2019

Optimization error in 4.2.4
26 May 2022, 12:54

There is a bug in the 4.2.4 software using optimization. The counters at the top is not working correctly. It shows a dash or 0 time left while it is still working.

@trading1
Replies

amusleh
27 May 2022, 09:20

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot and cBot code sample? I just checked and counters are working fine.

@amusleh

trading1
27 May 2022, 13:01

Screenshots

@trading1

trading1
27 May 2022, 13:08 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: Screenshots

trading1 said:

As you can see in the screenshot above, The remaining time just shows a Dash while the optimization is still working. In fact it will go down to zero wity the optimization not complete and then oscillates between a zero and dash as it completes and then sets at a dash at completion leaving me to wonder if it has completed or not. It would be far better to show a zero at completion than a dash.

I am testing the Simple MA bot found on the forum

@trading1

amusleh
30 May 2022, 09:14

Hi,

When you start optimization the remaining time is unknown, once an optimization pass if finished optimizer knows how long it will take for a single optimization pass to finish.

After that it multiplies the value to the number of passes and shows the remaining time, it's an estimated time based on the time a single pass took.

@amusleh