How do you Copy and Paste support lines, trendlines, etc. ?

Created at 31 Oct 2014, 01:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PA

patterntrader

Joined 31.10.2014

How do you Copy and Paste support lines, trendlines, etc. ?
31 Oct 2014, 01:36

Sorry for such a basic question here, but ...

Can someone tell me how do you "Copy" and "Paste" horizontal lines, trendlines, etc. in cTrader? Certainly there must be a way, however I sure can seem to find it?

If for some reason this is not possible in the base software, is there some add-on that can be purchased to allow one to do this? I sure hope so because not being able to do this is really slowing me down.

For instance, what if you want to draw a trend channel - the only way I can figure out how to do it is to use the equidistant price channel button - BUT - that's not so helpful if you want to draw a price channel with a mid-line. Yes, I realize it's possible - but it's so much easier to simply copy & paste a trendline a couple of times to create that.

Anyone help me on this?

Thanks!

@patterntrader
Replies

Spotware
31 Oct 2014, 18:07

Hello,

You can copy and paste lines in cTrader Web.

At the moment this is not supported on the rest of the platforms, but it will be implemented in the near future.

@Spotware

vladib
10 Feb 2015, 06:10

RE:

Has this feature been added yet? Would make things easier. Seems to me it would not be too difficult, considering the awesome job you guys are doing with CTrader. 

Spotware said:

Hello,

At the moment this is not supported on the rest of the platforms, but it will be implemented in the near future.

@vladib

jaindhawal83
30 Jul 2019, 18:01

RE:

We are in the future; 6 years past following reply. Do we have feature to copy past objects from one chart to another?

Its a common practice to check trend and support resistance on higher time frame chart and to find entry point at lower time frame chart. If we can add a feature of drawing object in one chart and it gets drawn in linked charts automatically, would be highly appreciated by all cTrader users.

Spotware said:

Hello,

@jaindhawal83

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 Jul 2019, 09:14

Hi Dj,

This feature is not available yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

imsolihGMail
08 Jun 2020, 21:45

Copying lines

How to copy drawings in ctader in one platform to another platform? Example, lines drawn in ctrader on my desktop computer to ctrader in my laptop

@imsolihGMail

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jun 2020, 10:39

Hi imsolihGMail,

You can use Workspaces to do this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

gds59trade
09 Dec 2021, 09:16

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi imsolihGMail,

You can use Workspaces to do this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

The future has already come, but copying objects is not :((

@gds59trade

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Dec 2021, 09:28

Hi gds59trade,

Copy and paste for drawings has been available since v4.0.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous