Stability issues when running long multi symbol backrests

Created at 09 Dec 2021, 09:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

sirinath

Joined 25.11.2021

Stability issues when running long multi symbol backrests
09 Dec 2021, 09:54

@sirinath
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Dec 2021, 09:58

Hi sirinath,

To be able to reproduce your problem, you need to share with us your cBot code as well as cBot parameters and dates.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sirinath
09 Dec 2021, 16:34 ( Updated at: 09 Dec 2021, 16:56 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi sirinath,

To be able to reproduce your problem, you need to share with us your cBot code as well as cBot parameters and dates.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Is is not possible to share the code.

But I am looking at "AUDCAD,AUDCHF,AUDJPY,AUDNZD,AUDUSD,CADCHF,CADJPY,CHFJPY,EURAUD,EURCAD,EURCHF,EURGBP,EURJPY,EURNZD,EURUSD,GBPAUD,GBPCAD,GBPCHF,GBPJPY,GBPNZD,GBPUSD,NZDCAD,NZDCHF,NZDJPY,NZDUSD,USDCAD,USDCHF,USDJPY". This happened initially while downloading the data for the symbol before the backtest starts running.

I have following code:

[Parameter(DefaultValue = "AUDCAD,AUDCHF,AUDJPY,AUDNZD,AUDUSD,CADCHF,CADJPY,CHFJPY,EURAUD,EURCAD,EURCHF,EURGBP,EURJPY,EURNZD,EURUSD,GBPAUD,GBPCAD,GBPCHF,GBPJPY,GBPNZD,GBPUSD,NZDCAD,NZDCHF,NZDJPY,NZDUSD,USDCAD,USDCHF,USDJPY")]
    public string InstrumentList { get; set; }

protected override void OnStart() {
      string[] symbols = InstrumentList.Split(',');
      Symbol[] SelectedSymbols = Symbols.GetSymbols(symbols);
    }

@sirinath

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Dec 2021, 08:59

Hi sirinath,

I tried your source code but I cannot reproduce any general problem. Looks like a resource issue of your computer. Downloading so much data is a resouce intesive task and you need to make sure that your computer can handle this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous