cTrader desktop Windows freezes

Created at 21 Oct 2021, 17:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VI

Vicktor

Joined 24.04.2021

cTrader desktop Windows freezes
21 Oct 2021, 17:01

I often had issues with cTrader desktop on Windows 10 Pro with a computer with i5 processor and 8 GB of RAM.

When it was running for 5-6 days consecutively it was often freezing going from one asset to the other.

I suspected my computer was not enough powerful.

Two weeks ago I purchased a brand new computer HP with I9-10900  10 Core 2.80/5.20 GHz, Ram 32Gb DDR4 3.200MHz, SSD disk with 512Gb, Windows 10 Pro.

The issue remain, after a few days the program is running, switching from one Tab to an other the chart is not loaded, and it takes up to one minute to load.

I checked with Task Manager: the CPU usage is never above 50% and the Memory usage never above 30%.

Do you have suggestions ?

Best regards,

Victor

@Vicktor
Replies

... Deleted by UFO ...

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Oct 2021, 07:51

Hi Victor,

Do you run any cBots or custom indicators? If not, please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens. To do so, please press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T, paste the link to this discussion in the textbox and press submit.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Vicktor
28 Oct 2021, 11:24

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Victor,

Do you run any cBots or custom indicators? If not, please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens. To do so, please press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T, paste the link to this discussion in the textbox and press submit.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Yes I run one cBot, sometimes two.

We did a few benchmark tests, while cTrader is running all other applications (web, mail, Excel, Word, etc.) run fast as normal since the CPU is not overloaded and there is plenty of RAM available.

The issue is within cTrader which is unacceptably slow, and software speed is key in trading.

cTrader has a beautiful user interface but apparently does not take full advantage of powerful CPU and large RAM.

If I may suggest something, I would avoid some fancy graphical interface and focus on performance.

Best regards,

Victor

@Vicktor

Vicktor
28 Oct 2021, 11:52

RE:

I forgot to mention that when running optimization (using only 60% of CPU consumption), even if there are no cBots running, it happens that the Active Symbol Panel is updated regularly but going to one chart to an other is extremely slow.

If you have suggestions I will be glad to follow.

Many thanks,

Victor

@Vicktor

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Nov 2021, 09:39

Hi Victor,

Did you follow my suggestion to provide troubleshooting information? If you are running cBots, then you need to make sure it's not the cBots that are causing the performance downgrade. Please switch them off and send us troubleshooting information if the issue persists.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous