Native app issues

Created at 20 Aug 2021, 10:45
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SY

symfractal

Joined 17.03.2021

Native app issues
20 Aug 2021, 10:45

The little icon at the top right corner of every chart window, that only pops up when the window is active, needs to go. It gets in the way when im moving my stop loss orders I cant see the price im trying to set. Im not a fan of things that pop up and cover other pieces of data, it seems to be a trend in the software dev community and everyone just jumps on the these trends regardless of if it dilutes the quality of the produce, function over coolness please.

Also if I leave the platform open for too long it starts acting odd. Like when I go to move an order it only registers on the chart where i moved it, visually, but not on the other charts that i have set to different timeframes of the same asset. In other words the primary function of the app starts to fail.

@symfractal
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Aug 2021, 11:22

Hi symfractal,

Regarding the first part of your post, please post a suggestion in the Suggestions section.

For the second part, please send us some troubleshooting information (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T) the next time this happens, so that we can investigate further.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

atrrwilder
04 Mar 2024, 08:31 ( Updated at: 04 Mar 2024, 13:52 )

moving an order on the chart - not registering

when you move a stop order or i think any order on the chart, its supposed to make that sound to confirm the adjustment has registered with the platform. Sometimes it does not make this sound and the order line only moves on the chart you moved it in, the rest of the charts that are open for the same asset, show the order in its original price point, as the change has not registered. So one chart shows the change, this is definitely misinformation and can cause confusion.

Im aware of the bug so when i dont hear the sound and dont see the other charts update, i just click on the order one more time to make the change stick.

I noticed that when im moving the order, if i fully stop mouse movement before letting go of the click, it will register no problem, but if the mouse cursor is still moving when you let go of the click, that is when the bug surfaces.

Please prioritize this fix as it is getting in the way of one of the primary functions of the platform, editing orders.

@atrrwilder

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Mar 2024, 14:11

RE: moving an order on the chart - not registering

atrrwilder said: 

when you move a stop order or i think any order on the chart, its supposed to make that sound to confirm the adjustment has registered with the platform. Sometimes it does not make this sound and the order line only moves on the chart you moved it in, the rest of the charts that are open for the same asset, show the order in its original price point, as the change has not registered. So one chart shows the change, this is definitely misinformation and can cause confusion.

Im aware of the bug so when i dont hear the sound and dont see the other charts update, i just click on the order one more time to make the change stick.

I noticed that when im moving the order, if i fully stop mouse movement before letting go of the click, it will register no problem, but if the mouse cursor is still moving when you let go of the click, that is when the bug surfaces.

Please prioritize this fix as it is getting in the way of one of the primary functions of the platform, editing orders.

Hi there,

We were able to reproduce the sound issue but we could not reproduce the multiple charts issue. May we have a video demonstrating the steps you follow to make this happen?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous