Lags / Responsiveness

Created at 10 Aug 2021, 12:52
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TU

Tullius

Joined 13.01.2018

Lags / Responsiveness
10 Aug 2021, 12:52

I have been using cTrader since 2017 and noticed always some problems with the performance (lags, responsiveness). After updating to version 4.1 the cTrader is almost not more useable. When i minimize the app i can not maximize the window again. The only way is to shutdown the program using the Task Manager and even here cTrader makes problems. As result of these experiences i have reduced the number of my bots to only one but it did not really help. The problem occurs even without bots.

IMO it looks like the problem is caused by cTrader design decisions. Every other program on my desktop runs without performance issues. I have also an FSCM account and use the Trading Station. TS is very reliable. In situations where cTrader makes problems TS runs like a clockwork mechanism.

@Tullius
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Aug 2021, 12:58

Hi Tullius,

If you are able to reproduce the issue without any cBots/Indicators running, please send us some troubleshooting information (press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T when in cTrader) the next time this happens and paste the link to this discussion in the text box that will appear.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Tullius
10 Aug 2021, 13:38

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Tullius,

If you are able to reproduce the issue without any cBots/Indicators running, please send us some troubleshooting information (press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T when in cTrader) the next time this happens and paste the link to this discussion in the text box that will appear.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

After minimizing the window i can not open it anymore when i have changed the focus (browser, other apps). I even can not generate troubleshooting informations. All i can do is to open an other instance and then after pressing the keys i get a troubleshooting information (empty). I have then two instances of cTrader (one dead and one active).

@Tullius

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Aug 2021, 15:18

Hi Tullius,

Can you try sending the troubleshooting information before the freezing starts?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Tullius
10 Aug 2021, 17:33

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Tullius,

Can you try sending the troubleshooting information before the freezing starts?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

I think it is not possible. I open cTrader and as long cTrader has the focus i can minimize and maximize the window. When cTrader is minimized and i open a browser after some minutes cTrader is dead. I can press alt + tab and see a cTrader window but i can not call it. It is dead. Then closing cTrader is not more possible. I get a only a grey dialog.

@Tullius

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Aug 2021, 08:10

Hi Tullius,

Then send us troubleshooting as soon as cTrader starts. Also please confirm that there are no custom indicators running on the chart.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

MZen
08 Nov 2023, 14:53

I experience the same issue with CTrader lately. It is impossible to use it anymore.

@MZen

warmblood10
09 Nov 2023, 05:19 ( Updated at: 09 Nov 2023, 06:30 )

RE: Lags / Responsiveness

MZen said: 

I experience the same issue with CTrader lately. It is impossible to use it anymore.

Same issue, sluggish & lag when drawing trend lines.  Think its an indicator issue when its updating plot / graphic to the screen as when I remove all indicators the issues are resolved. 

@warmblood10