Ichimoku incorrect periods

Created at 12 Jul 2021, 14:27
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

notzen

Joined 30.01.2017

Ichimoku incorrect periods
12 Jul 2021, 14:27

Hello,

I notice that ichimoku indicator is not taking in account the current candle 0 ,

from the current candle to the chikou are 26 peridos that plus the candle 0 are 27 , the same for kumo,

I suppose that also the tenkan and kijun are considering 9+0 candle and 26+0 candle

Please verify that and fix it if necessary

as you can see on tradeview.com they count correctly as it is bar 0 + 25 candles = 26

@notzen
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Jul 2021, 10:57

Hi notzen,

I did not understand what the problem is and I do not see any issue with the indicator. Could you please provide a better explanation? The indicator seems to work as per the indicator's definition.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

notzen
13 Jul 2021, 12:28

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi notzen,

I did not understand what the problem is and I do not see any issue with the indicator. Could you please provide a better explanation? The indicator seems to work as per the indicator's definition.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Hi,

The issue in not in the way the indicator is working but in the nunber of candles it use

the distance from the current candle (numbered as candle 0 ) and chicou spam for exsample is 26 , this seems to be right but since the current candle is 0 not 1  , the indicator is putting the chikou at a distance of 27 bars. 

this applies to the displacement of the kumo and the calculations of kijun , tenkan, senkou spam A and B.

@notzen

PanagiotisCharalampous
14 Jul 2021, 08:19

Hi notzen,

As discussed on Telegram, cTrader implementation matches the industry wide accepted interpretation of the Ichimoku indicator. Nevertheless there seem to be different interpretations by some platforms and traders, something that causes confusion. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous