Custom drawing tool

Created at 27 May 2021, 20:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CH

chris07

Joined 06.04.2021

Custom drawing tool
27 May 2021, 20:44

I had a custom drawing tool programmed that I can call by clicking a button on the chart. It is basically a Fibonacci tool that extends infinitely to the right. Problem is that the drawing is lost when I change timeframes. Also, if I load new bars (when I scroll to the left) the custom drawings are lost. The built in drawing tools do not have that problem, and I am wondering if there is a way to do this also for custom drawings.

@chris07
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 May 2021, 07:48

Hi chris07,

Can you please share with us the source code of this drawing tool?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

chris07
28 May 2021, 21:38 ( Updated at: 31 May 2021, 07:40 )

RE:

This was a commissioned work and the creator wishes the code to remain private.

The built-in indicators do not have a problem with reloading data or changing TFs. How do they accomplish that vs the custom drawing tools?

Any input is appreciated.

@chris07

amusleh
31 May 2021, 07:50

RE: RE:

chris07 said:

This was a commissioned work and the creator wishes the code to remain private.

The built-in indicators do not have a problem with reloading data or changing TFs. How do they accomplish that vs the custom drawing tools?

Any input is appreciated.

Hi,

The reason drawings disappear is because of not being interactive, if an indicator/cBot drew something on your chart and don't make it interactive then it will disappear if indicator/cBot reloaded.

To make the indicator drawings interactive you must have access to the code.

@amusleh

chris07
02 Jun 2021, 17:16

RE: RE: RE:

Hi amusleh,

I have contacted the developer and he responded that if the line levels of the fibo tool were interactive they could all be moved individually. Thus the question is if only the outer lines can be made adjustable, like it is the case for every fibonacci tool. You apparently have done that for your own custom fibo tool. Could you give some hints on how you have achieved that? I know your code is proprietary, too, so I respect if you want to keep this "close to your vest". 

@chris07

amusleh
02 Jun 2021, 18:59

RE: RE: RE: RE:

chris07 said:

Hi amusleh,

I have contacted the developer and he responded that if the line levels of the fibo tool were interactive they could all be moved individually. Thus the question is if only the outer lines can be made adjustable, like it is the case for every fibonacci tool. You apparently have done that for your own custom fibo tool. Could you give some hints on how you have achieved that? I know your code is proprietary, too, so I respect if you want to keep this "close to your vest". 

Hi,

My code is not proprietary, the indicator is open source on Github: 

@amusleh

chris07
02 Jun 2021, 19:33

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

Thank you! I will check it out.

@chris07