Advanced order profit taking and BE on new orders

Created at 06 Oct 2014, 15:27
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SI

silverpuma

Joined 28.06.2013

Advanced order profit taking and BE on new orders
06 Oct 2014, 15:27

Hi,  Can I set on a pending limit order multiple take profit level and a breakeven level ....before...my limit order is filled?  As far as I can see the advanced protection icon is not visible when I am setting up my pending orders and only is available after the order is live.  Is this the case?  I would like to be able to set my order with profit targets and breakeven levels before I am taken into the market so I can set and forget.

I am using ctrader desktop with IC Markets.  Thanks for the help... 

@silverpuma
Replies

Spotware
07 Oct 2014, 11:13

Hello,

Yes, that is correct. The advanced protection functionality concerns only live positions.

This, involving the pending orders as well, is actually being considered to be implemented in the future.

For now you can only set a single take profit option for pending orders.

Best regards

@Spotware

silverpuma
07 Oct 2014, 14:13

RE:

Spotware said:

Hello,

Yes, that is correct. The advanced protection functionality concerns only live positions.

This, involving the pending orders as well, is actually being considered to be implemented in the future.

Best regards

thanks for the answer.....

@silverpuma

deadletteropener
26 Sep 2020, 14:52

RE:

Spotware said:

Hello,

Best regards

what future are you talking about???

its nearing the end of 2020...

@deadletteropener