How to use advanced protection with 0.01 lot size trades

Created at 28 Mar 2021, 13:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

shavesha

Joined 11.03.2021

How to use advanced protection with 0.01 lot size trades
28 Mar 2021, 13:25

I am trying to learn advanced protection. However, when I use a trade with a 0.01 lot size I struggle with how to split volume on each take profit target, because the total volume is 0.01. Can someone please give me a good example of how to use this feature while trading specifically with a 0.01 lot size. Secondly assume that you are using lots and not units as your measure of trade volume. Normal take profit is 50 pips away. 

@shavesha
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Mar 2021, 09:51

Hi aaronshavesha,

If you are trading with the minimum volume possible for the symbol, then it will not be possible to split volume and have partial TPs.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

shavesha
29 Mar 2021, 10:30

RE: Lesson learned: Don't try to split an Atom

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi aaronshavesha,

If you are trading with the minimum volume possible for the symbol, then it will not be possible to split volume and have partial TPs.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Wow. Thank you. I did not know this. Problem solved. I shall be using bigger lot sizes. Thanks again. I have spent days trying to split a 0.01 volume. lol :)

@shavesha