cTrader 4.0 POLL.. Do you like it!? Please vote!

Created at 18 Mar 2021, 20:30
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IN

intraflay

Joined 01.06.2020

cTrader 4.0 POLL.. Do you like it!? Please vote!
18 Mar 2021, 20:30

After posting with my concerns over the moving of the time periods along with other tools, plus the non-visible "workspace" open now, what are people's thoughts? 

Panagiotis kindly responded and explained that a lot of traders requested for the time frame period buttons to be moved to the top to create more chart space - but as I explained, there were/are(!) a LOT of traders who liked them where they were... But just did not 'request for them to never be moved' in future versions. Browsing the forum again today, it's clear from a large number of posts that I am not alone in disliking this layout. 

Maybe getting a group of peoples opinions here together may make the overall feelings from cTrader's users clearer, rather than lots of different posts either praising or moaning about it!

There are some great new features in 4.0 which make our lives easier, such as the duplicate chart, speedier drawing shortcuts etc - a lot of which were a long time coming - and so I want to make it clear that I am not here just to bash Spotware and their team... I love the software. BUT, moving the basics around when so many are used to it for me is a huge no no, and even after a few days with it, I hate it more than the first. It feels as if someone has upgraded the sound system and given me another 100BHP in my car, but swapped the clutch and accelerator pedals around whilst they were doing it! 

Of course, the ultimate solution would be to have the choice; a "classic" layout, and then this "new" layout. 

But, IF, that's not possible, please vote, a simple yes or no;   YES, keep the current 4.0 layout, or NO, bring back the 3.8 layout.

Thanks

@intraflay
Replies

gdr3k
19 Mar 2021, 09:57

RE:

intraflay said:

After posting with my concerns over the moving of the time periods along with other tools, plus the non-visible "workspace" open now, what are people's thoughts? 

Panagiotis kindly responded and explained that a lot of traders requested for the time frame period buttons to be moved to the top to create more chart space - but as I explained, there were/are(!) a LOT of traders who liked them where they were... But just did not 'request for them to never be moved' in future versions. Browsing the forum again today, it's clear from a large number of posts that I am not alone in disliking this layout. 

Maybe getting a group of peoples opinions here together may make the overall feelings from cTrader's users clearer, rather than lots of different posts either praising or moaning about it!

There are some great new features in 4.0 which make our lives easier, such as the duplicate chart, speedier drawing shortcuts etc - a lot of which were a long time coming - and so I want to make it clear that I am not here just to bash Spotware and their team... I love the software. BUT, moving the basics around when so many are used to it for me is a huge no no, and even after a few days with it, I hate it more than the first. It feels as if someone has upgraded the sound system and given me another 100BHP in my car, but swapped the clutch and accelerator pedals around whilst they were doing it! 

Of course, the ultimate solution would be to have the choice; a "classic" layout, and then this "new" layout. 

But, IF, that's not possible, please vote, a simple yes or no;   YES, keep the current 4.0 layout, or NO, bring back the 3.8 layout.

Thanks

NO - BRING BACK THE 3.8 LAYOUT

@gdr3k

marcel.kuenze
19 Mar 2021, 10:22

RE:

intraflay said:

Thanks

NO, bring back the 3.8 layout

@marcel.kuenze

MadMike
19 Mar 2021, 10:52

Keep v4.0, its perfect, people never like change.

@MadMike

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Mar 2021, 11:14

Hi all,

We launched a poll here. We appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jcr1818
19 Mar 2021, 23:02

RE: 3.8 version

intraflay said:

Thanks

3,8 version was much easyer to work with.4.0 version is awful.

@jcr1818

ctraderftmo+115
22 Mar 2021, 01:16

NO, bring back the 3.8 layout

So now users of CTrader have to 'off site' to telegram, and sign up to another unwanted app to vote for an unwanted change? What is this forum for?

What's next? We have to be a member of congress with a bonified facebook account with security clearance to vote for a unwanted change?

I often wonder how CTrader is still operating.

@ctraderftmo+115

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Mar 2021, 08:38

Hi ctraderftmo+115,

So now users of CTrader have to 'off site' to telegram, and sign up to another unwanted app to vote for an unwanted change? What is this forum for?

Telegram is a much more appropriate tool to quantify such a feedback and this is the reason we are holding polls there. This change was requested by traders and based on the Telegram poll 58% of users that voted, endorse this change. Out of the 2708 members of the Telegram group only 18 have explicitly stated that they prefer the previous version.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

intraflay
22 Mar 2021, 11:18 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi ctraderftmo+115,

Telegram is a much more appropriate tool to quantify such a feedback and this is the reason we are holding polls there. This change was requested by traders and based on the Telegram poll 58% of users that voted, endorse this change. Out of the 2708 members of the Telegram group only 18 have explicitly stated that they prefer the previous version.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram 

I’m guessing the telegram community (which I did not even know existed until you posted the poll link) is also where the people who requested the changes from in the first place, so those results don’t surprise me. On here, both in answer to this thread I created and from looking around at separate individuals posts, everyone seems to clearly be of the opinion that they do not like the new version. 

Is having the two options on there in future out of the question? I don’t see why it should be so difficult?? We have driverless cars and can put a man on the moon, but two layout templates?.. phwoarrrrrrrr. I’m playing around a bit and being silly, but you get my point? It’s got to be simple to do, surely. People should have the choice. Make everyone happy, why not!? 

Cannot stand this layout. Have had to zoom the view in to 110% which is ugly as hell just to help prevent all the miss-clicks, which ironically has reduced my chart space, lol. And that’s on a 49” ultra wide monitor. And no offence to these people, but even on my 23” monitor the space saved on the charts is hardly mind blowing. Maybe those voting for this ugly, clunky, horrible-to-work-with layout just need to buy a bigger monitor! Probably mostly demo traders trading from a 13” laptop. 

Moving things around without giving the user the option to put them back to where they were (back to where they were used to them being) was a terrible idea, I’m sorry. Panagiotis, please, the question has been asked a lot - do you know if it MAY be possible for a future update for the developers to add the option for us who do not like this to use the old layout? Or
is it 100% out of the question? Thanks

@intraflay

intraflay
22 Mar 2021, 11:19 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

Hi ctraderftmo+115,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram 

My above reply posted twice for some reason, so just deleted this text body.

@intraflay

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Mar 2021, 11:33 ( Updated at: 23 Jan 2024, 13:14 )

Hi intraflay,

This change was requested [here] and has gathered 158 votes. Having multiple layout options could be considered if the feature has a similar demand. Adding options only complicates the software maintenance process, so we only consider them if they are justified by user demand.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

intraflay
22 Mar 2021, 11:40 ( Updated at: 23 Jan 2024, 13:14 )

RE:

Hi intraflay,

This change was requested [here] and has gathered 158 votes. Having multiple layout options could be considered if the feature has a similar demand. Adding options only complicates the software maintenance process, so we only consider them if they are justified by user demand.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram 

Okay, thanks - does this not constitute a great demand for it??  It is pretty clear there are a lot of people who dislike it. But if not, where and when should us unhappy users voice the desire for a choice to be implemented? 

It's such a shame - It's been a week with it and it just does not work well at all (for those who had a big enough monitor in the first place anyway). As I say, I've had to zoom to 110% to stop me clicking on the wrong things so often and to make the tabbed charts actually display the timeframe open correctly without having the bottom half of the numbers chopped off. It's pretty bad! And by zooming in like this, I've lost chart space haha.

Ah well - said my piece, think it was a very bad move. It's clearly not going to get changed back is it. I'll just have to try to get used to it or move back to MT5/TradingView combo, which would be a pity because I like(d) cTrader a lot.

Thanks for your time anyway.

@intraflay

... Deleted by UFO ...

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Mar 2021, 11:49

Hi intraflay,

Okay, thanks - does this not constitute a great demand for it??  It is pretty clear there are a lot of people who dislike it.

I counted five people in this thread and around 20 votes on the Telegram group. It much less than the people that actually wanted this change. 

But if not, where and when should us unhappy users voice the desire for a choice to be implemented? 

Post a suggestion and get some votes.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

intraflay
22 Mar 2021, 12:09

RE:

Hi intraflay,

Okay, thanks - does this not constitute a great demand for it??  It is pretty clear there are a lot of people who dislike it.

I counted five people in this thread and around 20 votes on the Telegram group. It much less than the people that actually wanted this change. 

But if not, where and when should us unhappy users voice the desire for a choice to be implemented? 

Post a suggestion and get some votes.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram 

Okay thanks - I am in the telegram group too, 90 votes, 52 like 4.0, the remaining 38 either want it as before inside the chart, or on the left hand side outside of the chart (which would also satisfy those who "wanted it as before") Inside, outside, don't really care - it's them being on the left that matters to those who are unhappy I think! So, I make that at least 43 who would like them on the left again :D Not being awkward, just saying! haha :)

@intraflay

firemyst
22 Mar 2021, 15:39 ( Updated at: 22 Mar 2021, 15:43 )

This vote is biased in that it's only asking for feedback on one specific element of the layout.

The problem and issue I have is where did the "new order" button go to? I can't find it anywhere.

I either get the one click shortcuts at the top of the chart (which is horrendous), or I have to right click to get "new order", or (worst case scenario) I have to have active symbol panel open (which takes up a lot of space!).

So my vote is bring back the old layout if we can get those "new order" buttons that were at the top back! Unless they're somewhere else?

Thank you.

PS: I agree with everyone else here and have complained about it previously -- I should NOT have to join telegram for this. There's websites for taking polls like Survey Monkey and others. I shouldn't have to download an application, that requires my phone number, just to provide feedback on a product. So Spotware is alienating a lot of users this way.

Can we have a poll on whether Telegram, Survey Monkey, or some other software should be used in the future for polling? :-)

@firemyst

SafeSimpleScalps
22 Mar 2021, 17:25

RE:

intraflay said:

Thanks

i really don't mind the changes. 

i just have ONE QUESTION:

Where did the "NEW ORDER" button go? that was very useful and it disappeared. i just see "quick trade" but not the New Order haha

@SafeSimpleScalps

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Mar 2021, 17:43 ( Updated at: 23 Jan 2024, 13:14 )

Hi firemyst,

This vote is biased in that it's only asking for feedback on one specific element of the layout.

This is what the main complaint was about, hence the relevant question. 

I agree with everyone else here and have complained about it previously -- I should NOT have to join telegram for this. There's websites for taking polls like Survey Monkey and others. I shouldn't have to download an application, that requires my phone number, just to provide feedback on a product. So Spotware is alienating a lot of users this way.

We are non alienating anyone. As explained above, this change was proposed by traders inside this forum and was voted by 158 users. Voting in Telegram is indicative, since a substantial number of users has joined and we can have a sample with statistical significance. The vote just confirms that the vast majority of cTrader uses either approve this change or have no problem with it. Out of 2700+ members of the group, only 19 explicitly prefer the old layout. If you are so dissatisfied with this change, create a suggestion of what you would like to change, bring a considerable number of votes and we will seriously consider it. [This is how other traders achieved this change]. If you want the software to be developed by traders for traders, then you will also have to accept the burden of democracy :). 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
26 Mar 2021, 04:26 ( Updated at: 23 Jan 2024, 13:14 )

RE:

Hi firemyst,

This is what the main complaint was about, hence the relevant question. 

I agree with everyone else here and have complained about it previously -- I should NOT have to join telegram for this. There's websites for taking polls like Survey Monkey and others. I shouldn't have to download an application, that requires my phone number, just to provide feedback on a product. So Spotware is alienating a lot of users this way.

We are non alienating anyone. As explained above, this change was proposed by traders inside this forum and was voted by 158 users. Voting in Telegram is indicative, since a substantial number of users has joined and we can have a sample with statistical significance. The vote just confirms that the vast majority of cTrader uses either approve this change or have no problem with it. Out of 2700+ members of the group, only 19 explicitly prefer the old layout. If you are so dissatisfied with this change, create a suggestion of what you would like to change, bring a considerable number of votes and we will seriously consider it. [This is how other traders achieved this change]. If you want the software to be developed by traders for traders, then you will also have to accept the burden of democracy :). 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Ha ha ha to your burden of democracy comment :-)

How many registered users are there? I haven't actually seen that post, but if 158/180 users voted for it, okay; but if you have 158 out of 1000+ registered cTrader users (they all have to have accounts to use cTrader), that's just scraping 15% approval rating from users, which isn't a majority by any means.

I would put forth the suggestion that since Spotware has everyone's email address that has joined the forum, to put out a survey to all registered forum users through something like Survey Monkey. This has two advantages:

1) nobody has to download, sign up to, or register themselves with any other phone/mobile application or website

2) you can easily count all the votes from all your registered cTrader users, not just those small number of people who are active within the forums (which your currently survey is limited by since numerous people who use cTrader don't use the forums)

So I am for the burden of democracy, but only the kind of democracy that has been announced and open to everyone - not just the select few in one forum or on one application.

:-P :-)

@firemyst

firemyst
26 Mar 2021, 04:28

RE: RE:

abcdavid13 said:

i really don't mind the changes. 

i just have ONE QUESTION:

Where did the "NEW ORDER" button go? that was very useful and it disappeared. i just see "quick trade" but not the New Order haha

@Panagiotis:

I have the same question and haven't seen an answer to this -- where did the "New Order" button go?

Thank you.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Mar 2021, 09:09

Hi firemyst,

I would put forth the suggestion that since Spotware has everyone's email address that has joined the forum, to put out a survey to all registered forum users through something like Survey Monkey.

We cannot get into this burden every time someone dislikes something. We would be sending five polls a day :) Also I do not think that we need to get everybody's vote to make such decisions. This is not how polls and statistics work. I believe that the forums have enough participants and voters to run a representative poll with a low margin of error. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
28 Mar 2021, 17:05

RE:

Hi firemyst,

I would put forth the suggestion that since Spotware has everyone's email address that has joined the forum, to put out a survey to all registered forum users through something like Survey Monkey.

We cannot get into this burden every time someone dislikes something. We would be sending five polls a day :) Also I do not think that we need to get everybody's vote to make such decisions. This is not how polls and statistics work. I believe that the forums have enough participants and voters to run a representative poll with a low margin of error. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

We're not asking you to send 5 polls a day. Spotware put up 1 poll on Telegram -- how difficult is it to put that same poll in a location where you have a greater audience and feedback from every cTrader user?

What Spotware has done is like only asking the people in California who the President should be rather than the whole of the USA.

@firemyst