4.0.... possibility of customising where things are?

Created at 16 Mar 2021, 23:45
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IN

intraflay

Joined 01.06.2020

4.0.... possibility of customising where things are?
16 Mar 2021, 23:45

Just been updated to 4.0... some very welcome features here! But...

Moving all the options from the left side to the top is going to be an absolute nightmare getting used to, plus they all look very bunched up there!

The idea of having all the different chart intervals at the top makes sense if you put them there to allow for a greater selection of timeframes to be visible and selectable quickly, but still, it only displays 10 there before having to click the period button with the three dots to select a different period.

Would be really nice to give the user the option of having the chart periods down the side as they were. Moving things around that people get so used to being in one place can be a frustrating affair. And after all, this is work, not Facebook! haha. Pleeeaase put them back where they were - they were happy there.

@intraflay
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Mar 2021, 08:20

Hi intraflay,

Thanks for your feedback. Moving the buttons outside the chart was a request of many traders in order to create more space for the charts. It was a very popular request.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

marcel.kuenze
17 Mar 2021, 09:08

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi intraflay,

Thanks for your feedback. Moving the buttons outside the chart was a request of many traders in order to create more space for the charts. It was a very popular request.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

I agree with intraflay. On the left, it was clearer.

I would love to decide where it is for myself, just like the characters on the right.

Best Regards

@marcel.kuenze

intraflay
17 Mar 2021, 11:10 ( Updated at: 17 Mar 2021, 11:19 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi intraflay,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

But now, although some space may have been gained horizontally, that same space has been lost on the vertical axis! Obviously different people trade in different ways, and on different setups in terms of monitor(s) size etc.. But like the above comment made by Marcel, it was so much cleaner and clearer before, and really worked better in that way in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of traders working from tiny screens trading part time may find it helpful having it at the top, but for those of us with large monitors who are sat in front of them for hours a day - especially those who flick between different time frames very regularly, it really doesn't work well with them at the top at all.

Is it not possible to have two "template styles"?? Just as you have a dark and light version? A "Classic" layout and "New 4.0" layout for example?

I appreciate there may have been many requests to move them to the top, but what about the traders who liked them where they were? You have to consider the fact too that people would be likely to request to MOVE them if they thought it would work better with them there, but you would not get requests to KEEP them where they were from all of those who were perfectly happy with their placement on the side. Know what I mean? People often request change - but don't praise or ask for a particular feature to never be changed.

Personally, I also trade with the side menu collapsed for the most part, which means there is space to have the time periods in that huge empty space between the "analyze" and "partner" boxes.

Really gutted about this change. It looks so clunky and messy, and the chart period boxes also seem much smaller and require more care and attention when clicking them. Already a few mis-clicks have meant me switching to a different tabbed chart when trying to change timeframe on the current chart, as they're right underneath, grr. 

Could that be an option? - To have a classic template option put in for us?

@intraflay

gdr3k
17 Mar 2021, 11:40

Absolutely not happy with this new update having all the left side bar moved to the top, I flip through timeframes often zooming in and out and this makes it so awkward. 

Is there any way I can roll back to the previous version? Or as the poster above said, give us the option, don't just force a change on us !

@gdr3k