new account assigned to the wrong cTrader ID (need to reassign it to different cTID)

Created at 03 Mar 2021, 17:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HY

Hyperion

Joined 12.09.2013

new account assigned to the wrong cTrader ID (need to reassign it to different cTID)
03 Mar 2021, 17:35

Hi,

I've opened a new account at IC Markets (already had several accounts opened there), and it got assigned to the wrong cTrader ID

I use one cTrader ID (this one - Tengu). I think the problem occurred, because originally I created this cTrader ID with different email address and in the meantime I changed it (in the credentials area). IC Markets have this original email address, and the newly opened account got assigned to it. I discovered that when I couldn't find the new account on the list of accounts connected to my cTrader ID. And somehow the new account revived the old email adress and I've got two cTrader ID's, which I don't need or want, btw.

Can you help? (I tried IC Markets support, but they told me they can't help with this issue)

Is there some support channel dedicated to cTID?

Best Regards

@Hyperion
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Mar 2021, 08:27

Hi Tengu,

Only IC Markets can change the cTrader ID of your account. You need to go back to them and ask them to do so.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

summerd.evon40
05 Mar 2021, 07:30 ( Updated at: 08 Mar 2021, 06:00 )

RE:

Tengu said:

Hi,

I've opened a new account at IC Markets (already had several accounts opened there), and it got assigned to the wrong cTrader ID

I use one cTrader ID (this one - Tengu). I think the problem occurred, because originally I created this cTrader ID with different email address and in the meantime I changed it (in the credentials area). IC Markets have this original email address, and the newly opened account got assigned to it. FaceTime PC I discovered that when I couldn't find the new account on the list of accounts connected to my cTrader ID. And somehow the new account revived the old email adress and I've got two cTrader ID's, which I don't need or want, btw.

Can you help? (I tried IC Markets support, but they told me they can't help with this issue)

Is there some support channel dedicated to cTID?

Best Regards

You could unlink your account from your cTID by moving your cursor on the cloud Symbol and clicking on the x button which will appear in the place of the cloud. Then you can login to your trading account and your other cTID to link them.

@summerd.evon40

Hyperion
05 Mar 2021, 10:01

RE: RE:

summerd.evon40 said:

You could unlink your account from your cTID by moving your cursor on the cloud Symbol and clicking on the x button which will appear in the place of the cloud. Then you can login to your trading account and your other cTID to link them.

Thank you for the tip, but it seems the option is no longer there (in cTrader 3.8). I remember some time earlier one could log in to a trading account with its number and password, now it seems the only available option is to log in through cTID.

@Hyperion