Crashed in constructor with ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form. (ZeroMQ added to Bot)

Created at 26 Feb 2021, 22:08
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CH

chay

Joined 17.04.2019

Crashed in constructor with ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form. (ZeroMQ added to Bot)
26 Feb 2021, 22:08

cBot-project-viewHi all,

I wanted to add ZeroMQ to a bot for sending the tick data to a Pub/Sub system. I create the bot, add ZeroMQ, and when attempting to run it inside cTrader->Automate, it gives that error message:

Crashed in constructor with ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.

I decided to try NetMQ, and that worked, compiled, and the robot ran - but no matter what I try - it doesn't seem to send compatible messages that I can subscribe to with the Python pyzmq script. 

When running a small C# binary with ZeroMQ and pyzmq, I can see the published messages fine in the Python subscriber (and vice-versa). So I chalk up NetMQ to sending non-standard messages.

Does anyone have any information regarding the error message above? I do see that NetMQ and ZeroMQ handle the assemblies differently - ZeroMQ has a lot of extra files in the amd64 (and other) folder which are marked as "Linked" - which could be the cause of the problem?

After all, the message does sound like a "finding the file" problem.

Image is Jetbrains Rider - Not Visual Studio.

If someone would be so kind to create a new bot and NuGet ZeroMQ 4.1.0.31 and see if it runs? Perhaps you might see something different to me.

With thanks,

Chay

@chay