Balance Drawdown and Equity Drawdown

Created at 23 Feb 2021, 16:53
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

daleywill4

Joined 05.02.2021

Balance Drawdown and Equity Drawdown
23 Feb 2021, 16:53

Hi

I am sure this is a simple question however, I am a little confused as to the numbers I am seeing in my trading history. I am to understand that the balance drawdown is a percentage drop (if one occurs) in the balance once the position has closed. Alternatively, an equity drawdown expresses any drops that my occur during the course of the trade being open. When back testing I can clearly see the equity drawdown and balance drawdown split out into two. However, when I look at my trading history there is only one tag, "drawdown." Is this the equity drawdown, or the balance draw down?

My second question can be demonstrated in the two pictures below. 

Both pictures show the same point on the graph however, one of the screenshots is of a shorter time period which excludes some deposits I made into the account. From the screenshots you can see that the equity drawdown has changed for some reason from 9.85% to 1.81%. Can anyone explain this?

Thank you

Will

@daleywill4