cTrader Portable

Created at 06 Feb 2021, 15:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GO

Gonzalez74

Joined 20.10.2014

cTrader Portable
06 Feb 2021, 15:54

Hello!

Is there any way to make a cTrader installation, Portable ?

I think it would be very important, for a backup purpose and obviously, portability, where we would take all indicators and definitions anywhere.

Thank you.

@Gonzalez74
Replies

xabbu
06 Feb 2021, 22:01

what are you missing using OneDrive? For me it works to distribute all cBots and indicators across 3 PCs and two VPS. 

@xabbu

Gonzalez74
07 Feb 2021, 19:07

RE:

xabbu said:

what are you missing using OneDrive? For me it works to distribute all cBots and indicators across 3 PCs and two VPS. 

Well, I have a single portable installation of MetaTrader 4, with all my indicators and EAs. When I need to add a new account, just place the *.svr file in the respective folder and you're done! Also, let's say I'm at work, where I don't have access to the computer with administrator privileges! With my portable MT4 installation you are ready to use. Can you do that in cTrader?

Now that I have clarified my point of view, returning to the initial question, is there any way to have cTrader Portable?

Thank you!

@Gonzalez74

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Feb 2021, 08:34

Hi Gonzalez74,

No this is not possible with cTrader. You can use Workspaces to synchronize your charts and settings across devices and you can use source control for cBots and indicators. I use this configuration and I can work without a problem wherever I am without having to transfer files around.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous