Ctrader 3.8 slow to unresponsive in backtesting and optimization

Created at 09 Dec 2020, 16:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EN

enrico.rossi.7

Joined 22.11.2020

Ctrader 3.8 slow to unresponsive in backtesting and optimization
09 Dec 2020, 16:37

Hi,

in the last week I'm experiencing some troubles with Ctrader in Cbot backtesting / optimization.

It is very slow and often it become unresponsive. (CPU Intel i7 with 32Gb Ram running windows10 64bit)

I've done several test installing the software on different machines ( i5 with 24gbRam and Xeon with 16Gb) with comparable result.

Just for example do the optimization on 6 month period it takes over 24 hours when the same cbot a couple of weeks ago took 4 hours ( with same params ).

On backtesting it reach the 100% , stop button doesnt work and if you try to interact it become unresponsive ( you have to close with the red cross and restart the application)

UPDATE

Tested on another PC (older), same result, same speed, same instability.

Adviced that all PC have last windows UPDATE 20H2 (build 19042.685). Maybe an incompatibility issue....

@enrico.rossi.7
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Dec 2020, 08:01

Hi enrico.rossi.7,

Can you provide us with the code of the cBot you are using to backtest/optimize so that we can reproduce this behavior?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

enrico.rossi.7
10 Dec 2020, 11:41

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi enrico.rossi.7,

Can you provide us with the code of the cBot you are using to backtest/optimize so that we can reproduce this behavior?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Doesnt matter algo.. I've just tried on old win 10 version 1803 ( i5 with8gb ram ) and it run 10 times faster !! BTW with last windows update i have tha same problem on different cbot ..

@enrico.rossi.7